The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 2 Ch. 140

Group Leader
@Klordz I feel like we're converging on the same conclusion from two different sides of the political spectrum, but I agree with Rhys. I remember reading the chapter where the Duke first appears. They show the pumps and stockings before they show the person, and I found myself thinking "Ew, how objectifying. Are they really doing the whole sexed up villainess schtick? I bet she's going to be dressed in some skimpy outfit, make a bunch of innuendos, and be super strong despite having arms like toothpicks... oh. "

So I've got mixed feelings about the Duke. On the one hand, I think it's a hilarious way to subvert that particular villainess trope, but on the other hand there's a lot of aspects of the character that I'd find mildly objectionable if applied to a natural born woman. So, does the fact that this is a physically masculine character make those traits less objectionable? It's a discussion that I feel would be a very fascinating dive into gender politics, the perception of transgenders, and the frequent objectification inherent in media representation of fictional characters vs. the condemnation of those who sexualize themselves in real life. But, it's one conversation that, ultimately, I wouldn't want to touch with a ten foot pole. No matter what happens, somebody's probably going to be deeply offended by the end of it. So I'm not going to discuss it any more than this.

Instead I'll just say I agree with Rhys. The outfit is eww, but if he says eww about the Duke's immaculate, flowing hair I don't have his back. That shit is on point.

Fed-Kun's army
When I first started reading this, I thought the most badass I would see Skeleton, in my lifetime, was him in the blue armour, but I guess I was wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread