The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 2 Ch. 88

Let's if this time Skellebro actually ends up protecting someone ;)

Dex-chan lover
Ok, I need to rant a bit. Skip this comment if you don't wanna hear it.

I want to say first, that I do like this story.

That said, some writers need to learn that having a whole lot of things going on at once and not explaining anything doesn't make a story "intriguing" or "interesting" or anything. It only makes it confusing and tedious to read. They aren't playing to their strengths. I like the characters and the concept, but please just tell me what's going on! And everything is of course made worse because the story loops on itself with time travel (sorta? It, like everything else, is not explained)

Also, cut back the characters by like half. Most we only met once anyway, and yet you expect me to remember everything about them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barytQ844ak
Chapter 89 is already out on youtube
the has guy already translated the source material up to chapter 103

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT!!!!!
POGGERS!
so much plot
excited for future chapters! lets goooo!

Dex-chan lover
I totally forgot what assimilation rate means in the context of this manga.... can someone explain this to me?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.
It's been years, finally we saw Rubia again.

Dex-chan lover
I guessed from the start the Skeleton was from someone special, though I was thinking that the assimilation rate reaching 0 was a bad thing but it might actualy be making him closer to what he was before death.

@Youn0
Same feelings. Power levels were just getting over the top to fast. I hope going back to start would mean slowing down and focusing on other characters like Rubia without rush.

@AnimefangirlX

TBH I'm not so sure that the assimilation rate droppping is a bad thing ... and this chapter hints that it is the other way around. As Skellebro says himself, it looks like we had been kind of sealed ( or similar ) and that the dropping of the assimilation rate has partially restored him to ... whatever he is suposed to be. That, added to the fact that he is the skeleton of someone important ( Isacc said so , and would say of who if author ex machina had not intervened at that point ) sugests that whatever Skellebro is suposed to be, there was a force trying to assimilate him into the first timeline events ( the one where Rubia summons him and gets killed ASAP and after a war between demons and humans , his new master gets killed as well ), probably by force and, by what we see in this chapter, not out of goodwill with Skellebro.

@rrolo1
I agree. I said "we theorize" because till now we haven't been shown clearly what it does, just that it goes down every time he moves. So the theory was that he would no longer be able to reset or he would die or something similar when the counter hit 0.

It's this chapter that finally shows that a lower rate unlocks his seals and several other options. Looking forward to seeing the story develop from there.

Users who are viewing this thread