The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon

@b33fy they have to stylize it like this to mask the cgi skeleton. I think it works pretty well. I've seen much much worse.

@Pokari. Completely agree with you. The story has introduced a mechanic perfect for saving others (the obsession to save everyone is a common pairing with the groundhog trope). Yet the character himself doesn't use it due to supposedly fearing for his own mortality (not knowing how many revives he has).

Hope the story proves me wrong, but so far there's been a bit too much shock for the sake of shock.

Dex-chan lover
@Pokari

I think the author was trying to show how cruel people can be by adding the constant sexual assaults. I doubt it has anything to do with sexual tension between the main character and his summoner, he's a skeleton that seems to look at his summoner and previous master as some sort of mother figures. I doubt this will ever involve the skeleton in any form of romance.

Contributor
@sedition:

Your interpretation of what's going on is gentler than mine. That's totally fine, and may even speak well of you. I just see too many red flags here, myself, to be able to think so favourably of the authors' intentions.

For instance, given the plot trajectory, the fact that the summoner was given very little characterization in these chapters—and what little she was given was good, "honey, protect me" fodder but gave me very little idea as to what sort of person she is—is a red flag to me.

If the point was really to make an artistic highlight of the cruelty of humanity, I would expect the character to be a little more humanised before having all sorts of terrible things done to her, and then abandoning her.

I mean, it could also just be bad writing, that this was the best they could do at characterization. Or an argument could be made that it's intended to be atmospheric (e.g. laying groundwork for a seedy, unforgiving setting) but if so they really dropped the ball on that in most all other respects.

But Occam's razor and all that—the simplest explanation would seem to me to be that she didn't need good characterization because she's just fantasy fodder anyway.

But again, it's fine if someone disagrees with my assessment of what this series is and where it's going. I'm just elaborating unnecessarily on why I'm inclined more towards the cynical view of things, here.

Double-page supporter
hmm... now I can't easily predict what will happen in this story, will it go full encounter then death of someone but the MC grinds and ignores deaths around him? or MC dying over and over just to save everyone?

Dex-chan lover
does the MC only had the game-like features or all people had this kind of skill/features?... in intrigued..

@zetsuravez I feel like this is going to be a plothole. Why was he surprised that he could increase his swordsmanship? Didn't he get send back in time with all his memories?

Dex-chan lover
@Pokari

I think you're looking too deep into this work, It's most likely just going to be something fun to read, not an amazing experience that's looking to change your outlook. Webtoons aren't known to be the best written products. They just go for wide appeal and not much else.

Dex-chan lover
@optiso
memories and everything else. By that, I mean he kept all his abilities an the abilities he had when he first rebirth was all he ever gained in his first life. So, him seeing this now would mean he never got the skill before, or any skill it looks like.

@sedition
FOR F%CKS SAKES MAN FIX YOUR AVATAR! THAT SH*T WILL HAUNT MY NIGHTMARES!

Supporter
@Meridis It will probably be explained later, but what I think is happening is that he didn't have the ability to level up before, so no matter what he did in his previous life he would not be able to open the panel. Something that happened when he first died, maybe his desire to protect or maybe something that Succubus did gave him the ability to level up and develop as he dies.

one thing that bothers me.... why he didn't get himself killed when his master died? he would be resurrected and could save her (again) unless that girl IS succubus master...

@lonewolf He stated in one of the chapters he wasnt sure how many times he would be resurrected so he didn't want to waste his chances. He may be just building up and know he'll eventually die.

If I had that knowledge I would also try to grow as much as I can and learn as much as I can before I go back for the final time and save everyone

Users who are viewing this thread