The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon

Dex-chan lover
The plot is a mess halfway through. Everything after the first arc is literally this.

(Minor spoiler that doesn't reveal the story)
-MC is in a desperate situation
-New waifu comes in and saves Skelly Boi
-Sans the Skeleton adventures with new waifu
-New waifu gets brutally murdered by story plot number 231 and spooky scary skeleton absorbs her power
-May or may not include time reset by having the MC being brutally murdered

MC doesn't even get a proper training arc to get power ups.

Dex-chan lover
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
EDIT:
I just returned to this comment, and ho boy it's almost as messy as this story.
It's even more than just "The MC got all sorts of waifus and skills", it's the fact that the story constantly leads to making no use of any of them is what's disappointing. The current arc even robs him of his self-agency by being dragged by one woman after another. One of em' literally enslaves him and treats him as a pretty penny. The whole shit about the motorcycle only pushed it down the cliff it was already hanging on.

B4 edit:
You should expand upon it, it's not just "Doesn't train for power ups" or "gets mixed up with all sorts of waifus randomally"
It's: "loses all semblance of self-agency and gets dragged along by 2 women, one after the other, without having any idea what the frack is happening, and having absolutely no goal to pursue for all that time."
Any story that has "SKILLZ" is stupid in my book. I didn't expect much, and it was fun to go through. But even I didn't expect this.... It doesn't even matter if or how he gains [[ SKILLZ ]], if he doesn't even makes any use of them. He has been in spectator mode for a very long time now, and now the author also added bloody google maps to the mix.
(I'm sure that was a joke by the translator, but the idea remains. The whole motorcycle was dumb as hell, it's there just because "I want to draw cool things", and now it also has a GPS and frequency-wave cannon. Remarkable. Can it also produce muffins?)

P.S: Ya'll should consider updating your 10~7 score of this one. The early-story hype hardly applies anymore.

If you haven't dropped this yet, do it now.
Very exciting at the beggining and complete crack garbage now.
too bad

Double-page supporter
@Urmumske That's a bit of an understatement. The plot, quality of the writing, characterization, and damn well near every aspect of it has fallen off a cliff.

Such a shame, because the initial setup and premise was interesting and well done for quite a while.

So just to recap... MC is a sentient skeleton that gets checkpoint revives, has status windows pop up that give him information about his abilities, attributes, and relevant situation updates. Literally shit like "Dexterity increases by 1" and "Assimilation at 89.11%," and y'all eat that shit up with a spoon, but they introduce a futuristic vehicle, and suddenly it's too much, and the author must be high?

You guys should definitely drop this title, but not because it's bad--it's because y'all are clearly too dumb to grasp that this is all happening in a post apocalyptic future, or the simulation of one. The story hasn't changed at all, the author has merely revealed more about the world the MC inhabits, and y'all's brains are apparently exploding.

Double-page supporter
@Boronore Nobody takes issue with the setting (spoilers, btw) but rather the way that pretty much everything for the last arc of the story has been handled. The whole thing has been falling apart for a while now. If you can still enjoy it, more power to you. Unfortunately, I can't maintain disbelief any longer and clearly I'm not alone in that. You could argue that
the bike and GOOGLE MAPS
are just the straw that broke the camel's back for many readers.

I was on board with this manga until
the necromancer chick picked him up
then gained interest after
she had died and given her powers to the skeleton
, but (full spoilers now)
this entire new arc i just completely boring and senseless shit. Futuristic bike is a big meh, not entirely a deal breaker. But the knight being able to catch up with them (supposedly on foot) THEN get onto the ship is just terrible storytelling. What can he do, teleport? Because unless he has a bike of his own he's fucked.

Absolutely garbage.

I don't even know anymore.
New characters just appearing and disappearing every fucking chapter, what with the "Evil organization", what with the cultist, what's with a guild, what's about emperor assassination and some kind of nanomecha shit just appeared, great.
Author throwing so much in the face at the same time, i can't keep up with it....
Just make the fucking rpg-fantasy shit with fights lvlup's, skills, dungeons and bosses - that would be much better at this point.

those knuckles combined with this story sure is RATTLING! and the way it is progressing I've got a BONE to pick with this author!

Group Leader
Story is totally non-sensical. Even after 60+ chapters you get the feeling that the author haa no idea what kind of story he wants to tell. Stuff just happens.

Dex-chan lover
The first half was a great story about a character who is a fish out of water with the ability to Subaru his way back to the past after death in a RPG world filled with OP people that MC has to circumvent around in order to protect the people he care about.

Then author dropped everything and the story turned into a reapititive mess.
1. MC runs away from death
2. MC meets new waifu
3. Filler battles
4. Waifu dies
5. MC powers up by absorbing waifu's power or plot
6. Repeat
You can't even feel tension any more since the danger is always around the new waifu. If MC ever gets in danger, you know he's jusr gonna ressurect. Yeah he will lose progress but you don't care about his progress anymore after the story becomes reapititive. The author was so successful in making you care about every death in the first arc. Ever since the author forgets about the first arc's side characters, the story immadietely goes downhill fast.

First arc - 8.8/10
Everything after - 4.7/10

This is not a story, this is a carinival. And just like a carnival, its fun but dumb.

MD@Home
The power level in this power level power leveled the power level through sheer power level and defeated the power level with skeletons that power leveled with the supreme power level magic of power level.

There. I summarized the story for you.

Users who are viewing this thread