The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 21

Honestly sniping breeds unnecessary competition with lots of time wasted when two groups translate the same chapter. That's why you see some mangas that have collaborated in releasing the chapters together under both names. Gives both groups credit, and it allows for faster releases without conflict.
This isn't a job, they earn basically no money because you're not suppose to profit off of other peoples work. You have to understand that there's no point in competing with the other group if they're going to release the chapter as well. It's a waste of time that could be used to translate other series. Neither group and sniper communicated. There were many alternatives better than starting a drama but that's what people like to do, this has happened before.

@criver and anyone that thinks sniping is good or productive use of people's time. Like seriously? I see >some< people promoting sniping. Jus collaborate or join the current translating scans team to help put them out faster. The are multiple teams of translaters for each manga. It's not one small group of 5 people translating a shit ton of mangas

@Redice English is not my first language so I am bound to make mistakes in my grammar, vocabulary and understanding please excuse me.

Scanlation is free for everyone. Snipper is also a scanlation regardless they pick it up in the middle.

It has been common knowledge in this illegal community that snipping an active series is consider bad, plus when they try to reach out to the snipper for middle ground and they ignore it.

I'm lmao that everyone immediately knew that this was DnA. I really hope that they genuinely thought that no one would figure it out, because at least then we can safely assume that they're probably middle schoolers and that's why they've reacted the way they have. They saw another group throwing a fit over sniping (which is such a new "issue" that you can pretty much guarantee that anyone complaining hasn't been reading, let alone scanlating, for more than a few years at most) and assumed that that was just how the community works. It's really not, guys. We don't actually have a problem with you uploading all of these chapters still, it's just embarrassing the way you're going about it.

Dex-chan lover
@Xeli

That's why you see some mangas that have collaborated in releasing the chapters together under both names.
This works only if the groups agree on the speed vs quality ratio. In this case NNG were happy with providing faster releases that were not as polished, which is fine, since there are readers that also prefer this. But in D&A's eyes you as a reader are supposedly not allowed to like faster but less polished releases, or maybe you're just not allowed to like any releases except theirs. Either way, the whole "drama" was started and fueled by D&A's childish behaviour and ongoing trolling attempts. But hey, at least it's good entertainment.

@criver all of this comes down to "snipping". it's a common knowledge, i won't say "rules" as i never join a scanlation but more or less to scan group. Its like to respect each other works by not cutting in line. Try joining any scan group discord and ask them if anyone want to get snipped

@criver you can't just blame D&A only. As I said before, any sort of communcation is better than none. Both sides were wrong. D&A shouldn't make alt accounts to prove their point even if they're right, and if it's true. NNG should've expected that this would cause controversy if they didn't talk it out.
Group collaborations can always work, it's literally the same thing as expanding your translator team from say 1 korean to english person to 2. Both sides benefit from doing this. The NNG who said they were doing this for practice if I remember correctly can learn from people who are experienced. While releasing faster chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@MayoNess

it's a common knowledge, i won't say "rules" as i never join a scanlation but more or less to scan group.

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
- Albert Einstein

I would like you to note how you cannot provide a logical argument why it is "bad", and are left with "it is common knowledge". To add to this, it is not - not everyone will agree with you, scanlation group members included. So there goes your argument.

Its like to respect each other works by not cutting in line.
That's just a false analogy - nobody is waiting in line here - both groups can scanlate at the same time. So no, it is not "like not cutting in line".

Try joining any scan group discord and ask them if anyone want to get snipped
Can you differentiate between you not liking something, and it being bad?

Thank you for the translation. oof why not translate again, your translation is good

@criver well then, it seems whatever i said will never be right in your book. Let's put me aside and prove it yourself yea? It seems you are a person who will believe once they see it themselves. Ask a scan group if they like to be snipped. Then, determine it from their response if it is bad or not

But for me, in my eyes, snipping is bad as it result in negativity. Such as this drama and etc.

omg some more drama 😂😂😂😂😂

Thank you for the chapter. Hopefully you may continue for the drama...😉🤣

This whole drama could've been prevented if DnA uploaded their scanlations faster and didn't give the sniper a chance to upload in the first place.

I've been following this series and I saw DnA did not upload for a while even after the sniper uploaded their part.

So even though sniping is "bad", DnA also gave em a chance to snipe. Not blaming anyone though, thats jst facts from my point of view as a reader.

Pardon my grammar, English is a second language to me.

I am not sure if I should say this but some manhwa also need this kind of drama😏
*cough* The Moon Witch and The Sun King or My Fair Footman or The Evil Lady Will Change *cough
I know snipping isn't something good but you know even though I cannot understand raw, still I see that translated episodes are far behind of the original ones for e.g 60 vs.12😣
Anyways thanks for the update and the quality was very good👍

Fed-Kun's army
@Elizka
DnA did not upload for a while even after the sniper uploaded their part.

Dude! they didn't upload in 3 days when the snipping started and you call that slow relise ? beside D&A have other project (+ it was new year and holidays period). you think they have nothing else to do but massive translate the same manga ? it was quality over quantity for them. you can say the same for NNG now that they didn't upload for 5 days !

Not blaming anyone though
same, not that I am going to complain, I just want to read my manga that's all. but you should be fair for both groups

Users who are viewing this thread