The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 36

Rei

[Claude reveals sword]
Me: those colors and hilt kinda reminds me of Fate's---
[Claude goes ahead and straight up does a noble phantasm]

Dex-chan lover
The auctioneer knew who he was...why did he think he was going to be okay with illegal things like this? Surely nothing the duke has done thus far would lead him to believe he's not above board?

It's like walking to a police station with a bomb in your hand and being like "wanna buy my bomb?" or "wanna buy the eyeballs of all the people I've murdered?"

Dex-chan lover
Not sure if the mask was actually a "perfect disguise", or the auctioneer just took an IQ nosedive for the sake of plot...

@Nicromatic @sirflimflam
Although it's not proper to use it as an argument here, the other version of ch35 shows the auction head didn't think it was the duke at all because of his attitude to Ivona (remember he's known to be a cold person)

Given the flow of the events that's the only explanation to the whole thing that makes just a bit of sense

Welp. I guess...that's one way to just destroy it...

I forgot the duke had a sword like that. LOL

Fed-Kun's army
Ah yes, being cautious is assuming that the person you’re looking out for hasn’t changed their behavior to hide themselves. Yes... Indeed...

Stupid criminals get caught like this lol,
He should have changed location as soon as he heard news that the Duke,lord of the land was upset that his actions directly hurt his wife. But im glad he was stupid and greedy so he got caught quickly.
I think the mysterious mage is going to kill him before he talks though.

So the question I have, which might be a stupid one, since the Duke destroyed the auction house, does he still pay for the items he bid on? If not, does he just repossess all auction items as illegal goods?

Group Leader
STRONG COUPLE GOALS!!!!!
thank you so much for the translation!!! keep working hard

What a powerful couple they're destined for each other indeed haha. thank you for the translation

Users who are viewing this thread