The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

What’s with the backlash on DnA? Like sure I get not wanting to wait but honestly they have a right to be upset; it’s not fun to have someone out of the blue start posting on a story you’re also translating. It’s frustrating when other people say “oof already read this one” or shit like that. At least if the other team gave notice that they’re posting regardless if DnA wants it or not, at least they wouldn’t be working on the same chapters at the same time.

Yeah sniping is JUST rude and yeah all translation is “technically illegal”, but it’s not like they’re not allowed to dislike or voice displeasure. That said flaming the other group isn’t nice either.

@YoriMei yes, it's absolutely frustrating and they are certainly allowed to say so! But that was not what they did. They actively attacked the other party and made themselves out to be the victim of some greater injury. Their statement is worded as if the lack of immediate response from the other translator (who has already stated that they are just doing this on their own in their free time) is some great offense.

It IS frustrating, yes, but DnA is not the victim they are making themselves out to be

I'm looking forward to chapters 6-8. Your quality is way better than theirs anyday. Half of the people were chewing them out in Ch10 comments.

Aggregator gang
Thank you for your hard work DNA!
I really appreciate the quality of your work, so I hope you'll keep translating at your own pace!
I was planning to wait to read yours, but then I saw you had uploaded chapter 9 and so I read the other group's chapters to make sure I wouldn't get spoiled when I came to this comment section haha.
I hope you guys are planning to do 6-8! I'll look forward to re-reading those chapters <3
I've become a bit of a quality snob over the years, so I definitely think it's worth the wait to be able to enjoy proper English grammar!
It doesn't seem like the other group is planning to stop, but I hope that fact won't stop you from continuing to love and translate this story!!
There's been quite a lot of mixed reviews it seems, but you definitely still have a fan base that appreciates you, myself very much included! So I hope that helps you feel at least a little better!
No matter what you decide to do though, thank you very much for all the work you've put in thus far!
I can see how much time and effort you put in, and as a novice novel translator myself (who has failed as a manga translator XD there is so much MORE work!) I know how life and time constraints can get in the way. So I hope that you don't feel stressed or rushed by this situation. Since this is done for fun, I hope you can continue to enjoy it! 😊

Please do the other chapters and continue to translate this, the other one is so hard to read. I get it’s their second language and it’s super awesome they can translate it that far, but as a native speaker it makes me feel like I’m straining to understand. Thanks for all your work.

I really hope you don't stop translating this series! It's such better quality that it would be a shame to not continue reading it. It's clear that you all value quality over quantity and that's honestly better than rushing it like the other group!

Group Leader
Thank you for the chapter! The other team has been blocked, it was painful reading those chapters 😅

I’ve decided to read only chapters produced by you guys. Please keep it up. I dont want to encourage sniping within the community

Thanks for the chapter. Compared to the release from the other group, which I've since blocked, actually having readable english here makes it a much better read. To be honest, I was actually getting a headache from trying to parse the broken english from the other scan.
Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to your future releases.

Double-page supporter
Well, damn. I hope D&A Scans goes back and does chapters 6-8, because I blocked that other group so I wouldn't have to see their stupid faces, and now there's a chapter gap.

@rebel16 They said on their Discord that they'd go back and do the earlier chapters, but the leader (?) has exams this week so they won't be able to start working on those until next week.

Dex-chan lover
The sniper's work is pure trash, but this sniping drama is unnecessary and tiring.
Snipers will always snipe a few chapters and give up after their sub-par work loses recognition.
Just do a better and a more consistent job, it's not that hard in this instance, this sniper's work is pure garbage.

Great job guys i don't mind a bit lower quality, old group was way too lazy.
You're doing gods work, Claude Forever!

Please don't be discouraged by the snipers! There's an ocean of difference in quality. Your efforts are much appreciated, so please keep up the good work 🤗

An excellent chapter, your efforts in providing a clean translation are appreciated by many people in the community.

Users who are viewing this thread