The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

@shunnie, Yeah, I don't translate and neither does you.
Yeah, the DnA don't gain any money, but they lose money. You know why? Because for them to translate, they are the ones paying for chapters and, as far as I see, they haven't asked for any donations.
They are also losing their time of the day to properly translate, clean and edit the whole thing.

You see, I get it: I was thirsty for chapters for weeks, so I want it to be translated as fast as possible, but since I am not paying anything and the DnA are doing this for free, I would be wrong for pressing them to publish faster because I can't wait.
It's frustrating specifically with series that have more then 10+ chapter launch, so yeah, it makes me impatient.

At first, i thought Agatha's intentions was the same: She was getting impatient and wanted to translate to everyone, but by now we see it isn't.
She took advantage of the readers and the group who was taking their time to post and now is playing ignorant. The group already said they message her and she didn't reply, then what she did? She asked for the readers for protection because most don't care about the situation, they just want to read, so they sided with her.

Snipping is a thing mostly scan groups will understand, we readers don't really get the weight of it, we don't know how frustrating it can be spending the whole week or month translating chapters only, in the end, someone post a half ass translation and getting all the credit and praise. For DnA post chapter 9, most likely the translated the previous chapters and more ahead, so they are taking their time to post.

In the end, what is pissing me off the most about this situation is Agatha for playing the "innocent card". It's not my way to say she shouldn't scan, she can if she wants, but not getting why spinning is wrong or this "permission" thing in the scan community. She could ask to join the group, she could try to collab, and all. But, as far as we see, she didn't try to enter in contact with the group since then.
Now, the DnA are being painted as "Villains" and Agatha as "The Misunderstood".

If DnA drop the project, I hope then Agatha actually keeps her word and keeps translating, but most of the times snippers drop the series after the scan group does.

Claude forever😍 and as always I hope you guys have a good day and stay health🤗🤗🤗

@July_Daydreamer This is why I told you to shut the fuck up. You arent even a translator and you talk like you understand translators.
Look at my profile, I did translations from Japanese to English. I was even in a group of Turkish translators, doing English to Turkish translations, but those are not available here.
I dont know how it works here, but when I was in a group but we were just doing our best to spit out a lot of chapters and something like this never happened. But I'm sure as hell we wouldnt fucking "claim" a fucking MANGA and try to witch-hunt the other person for translating it.
The blame would be completely on us for being slow and honestly we would've welcomed the person that is translating it and focused on other projects instead.
Such a shameful act on DnA group and even though I feel bad for calling you names, you are shameless for trying to defend them as well.

When I started translating AKB49, I just wanted this shit to get done so everyone could enjoy what I was able to read. I translated 5 chapters in one week (I'm below 18 so I had free time.), and did the cleaning stuff, I just wanted it to get done and I just enjoyed seeing people read my translations.

But after releasing 2 chapters other group contacted me so I had to stop. It felt like such a dumb thing and I regretted stopping after they contacted me. Even though I had chapters translated I didnt release them. I have to accept though, they did this stuff better than me.

And when they did finish it, I just felt happy because it finally was fully translated. I didnt feel bad. I didnt feel like they stole that shit from me. Because that wasnt mine. I was just localizing it to English. And I have to say, it wasnt theirs too so contacting me about it was just a stupid thing to do on their part, and I told the person that as well when I stopped the translation and complied to their request.

Honestly who the fuck cares? As long as it finishes, I'm happy with anything. And they did finish it after I stopped working on it, so I'm thankful to them.

I said it and I'll say it again. What we are doing here is literally volunteer work. You cant claim something, and you surely cant witch-hunt other people trying to translate just because "you started first."

This is like saying "oh you cant start a new blood donor organization because Red Cross did it first." like, what is this situation even??

@shunnie So I am gonna star by apologizing: I didn't know nor checked if you translated or not, so I thought you were in the same ground as me, that I got wrong.
Still, but I still stand for my past comment.
Yeah, I am still a reader, but I have my fair share seeing some drama roll around and scan series getting canceled, this may mean nothing to you (as I am assuming), but seeing the same thing repeating again and again is more frustrating, so yeah, I can't avoid, but talking about it.

But I'm sure as hell we wouldnt fucking "claim" a fucking MANGA and try to witch-hunt the other person for translating it.
This may sound dumb, but most groups do "claim" translation. Like Who Made me a Princess already has a group translating it, if a random group showed up translating from were they last posted, don't you think it's frustrating? You have been working in a series for at least a year for some random person post the latest chapter just because you missed a day. If you wouldn't feel frustrating, okay, but I can understand why the group would. Not because I work with them, but I have been following their work since the begging, because I simpatize with them.

The blame would be completely on us for being slow
If you want to call this blame, okay, I don't think so. I don't know what the group is doing, they surely aren't working for something 24/7 and even if I get frustrated, I can understand that the group has it's reason: Maybe they are planning a mass release, maybe there hasn't been updates from the actually mangaka/artist or maybe they didn't had the time to do it.
It may be slow, but if the quality is good, that is reason enough and I can wait.

About your AKB49: So you, in some way, can relate and understand this situation. And even if you disagree stopping your translation, you did it because you recognized they do the translation better.
But what we get here is that the No Named Group have been ignoring any message from DnA, she isn't trying to communicate with them, it's just doing this whole situation more troublesome.
We don't really know if NNG are a group of people or just one person and again, she could have handle te situation differently: Asking for collab, to enter the group, anything! Apparently, she did nothing of these.
At first, I can get why she wouldn't ask nor see the issue, but by now? It could have been solved by now.

Along the rest of your comment, yes, in the end we just want to enjoy the series. Be that with NNG or DnA, but if it end up dropped by both, it will be even more frustrating because, even slow, it was receiving uploads.

@July_Daydreamer With this comment, I know for a fact that we both wont change our minds.

I strongly disagree with you and I will not apologize for calling you and DnA names.
Hopefully no translation group thinks like DnA, this is just too shameful and stupid.

I'm going quote one thing on your post because its horribly wrong.

Like Who Made me a Princess already has a group translating it, if a random group showed up translating from were they last posted, don't you think it's frustrating?

No I dont.

Claude forever!, Dont mind them I not like its their story anyway, everyone is free to translate the series and chapters you wish <3

Fed-Kun's army
Claude forever

People who complain about sniping and stealing project can just back the F off. Personally its quantity over quality for me.

Users who are viewing this thread