The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

Meo

Double-page supporter
@Agathafk

I think that the general reason why "sniping" is bad is because the original scanlators would feel like their work was done in vain. I don't know if this is how scanlators work but as a ex-fanfic writer, I can tell you that I use to write a couple of chapters but would hardly EVER post them all at once. You want to release them on a regular basis (week, bi-monthly, whatever), so when you're too busy with real life, you have stuff to post. I wouldn't be surprised if DnA had Ch. 6-8 already done but released only Ch. 9 because you posted chapter 6-8 already. I mean as someone that did Chapter 9 and posted AFTER them, you can sort of understand their frustration, right?

As a (selfish) reader...I think maybe you should co-ordinate with them to LESSEN the job load on everyone. No need to do chapters they have in the stashed away.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Claud forever!!
You keep doing you people, have fun!

If the English grammar was better then people wouldn't be complaining.

If it was a new series then it'd be fine, but since you sniped people are pissed off that other group will abandon the project despite having a higher quality TL.

Yeah, DnA are the evil ones for spending their money, time and effort for doing a great work.
But Agatha? Is all innocent like, no malicious intention, just wanting to help when she doesn't contact or respond the original group.

You know, groups work together sometimes. Like in "Wife of the Wizard", two groups where working at the same project, posting at their time, but they talked to each other to not have a misunderstanding or weird vibe between then.
You Agatha, are trying to gain sympathy playing naive and dumb, like a lot of shoujo villains that play naive but are actually very selfish.

Look, if you don't get why snipping is wrong, it's okay, it's hard to get and, honestly? Translator/Scalations people who understand it, really. But you not seeing Agatha playing "But I did nothing wrong (sad face)" as a way to avoid criticism and consequences... I wonder if this webtoon is gonna last, honestly.

Tristan Lover is the obvious answer...

Even if others do it, that doesn't mean that it's right. You should have begun from the start with translating chapter 1 instead of continuing, and thus sniping, the series from chapter 5.

Just because these scanlations are not legal doesn't mean that there aren't rules you have to follow. Everyone has to follow these rules, and just because you're bored to translate the previous chapters doesn't translate to you being excused for sniping.

If the readers like your scanlations, then they'll wait for you to be done with uploading the previous chapters and then chapter 10.

Oh no they sniped you?!?! That's so sad 😭😭😭. Fuck off seriously. Not only are you people being extremely rude and dumb, everything about the way you're handling this is just so immature. Genuinely just please die

I'm sorry but I think it's wrong of you if you continue translating without responding to DnA scans, yes you may not have known about "sniping" (neither did I until today honestly) but now that you do please reconsider what you're doing. I do not believe it is an issue of "permission" but rather an issue of respect towards the other scan group, they have put a lot of hard work into making quality scans and were very likely working on the next chapter releases only to have their time and effort belittled by the quick chapters which you released in the means of practice, greatly discouraging them from this project and if that discouragement leads to them dropping the project it will upset many readers who followed them and preferred the higher quality scans they released so it would not be an issue of "wait for another version if you don't like our translations" as yours would be the ONLY version. I understand you did not start this with malicious intent towards the other scan group but now that you are no longer ignorant to this continuing to translate and ignore DnA scans WILL seem of malicious intent so please do the right thing and respond to them to try to resolve things peacefully.

I do not wish to discourage you from doing scanlations as you are new and are still learning and improving but there are better and more co-operative ways you can practice where you can be fully appreciated for your efforts and currently this is not that.

@Kai_Chizuru I don't agree either with the "death treats" thing in any level or moment, but I guess Agatha just want to be a pain in the ass anyway since she just posted again, right?

Why not continue to upload your own translations to a password protected private blog instead of mangadex? That way The D&A scan group can continue posting here, and anyone who wants to can read your translations on your own personal site.

I dont think its wrong of them to keep translating and posting here. both groups can post their own versions. its not like they are earning a profit.

@Kai_Chizuru they are playing dumb to gain sympathy, and the worse part? They are getting it.
Yeah, maybe the other group sounded aggressive, but can you blame then? I can't.
Pretty much this series is gonna end up dropped by the DnA Scans and, later on, by Agatha.

I would love the twist in the story that Agatha honestly wants the best and is only doing this because she likes the series, but the way she is playing ignorente? Yeah, I pretty douth it.

@July_Daydreamer Honestly shut the fuck up.
You didnt even translate once. Even if you did, then you are missing the whole point.
People dont gain any money out of this. You dont "claim" a series. It's such a dumb fucking thing to do. If you are faster than one "group", then go release it so people can read. As long as I can read, I'm totally okay with any group. Who cares about who translated this?
If a group translates 5 chapter in 2 months and one dude releases 5 chapters in 3 days, yeah, just let the guy do his thing, and if he drops it just translate where he dropped it. Why is this impossible?
Oh yeah, because "snipping" or whatever the fuck that word even fucking means.
This is such a dumb situation, and I loathe that group and people who defend them like you.

Fighting over translation rights, when what you are doing is completely free is just so funny to even think about.

Group Leader
Always funny to see when pirates trying to protect their ego and self-importance.
You DON'T have ANY right on the manga when you decided to translate something. You don't have the monopoly on that.
As a reader, I will decide what translators to choose and what is more convenient and good enough. What people to read your scan? Make it better and faster. You do not have the rights to indicate what to do and what is bad for me or the "community"
Claude forever

@Siragnarok get off your high horse.

instead of ego and self-importance, scanlators just don't want to feel cheated for buying raws and taking the time to translate when some shitass scans take their project. you may have the right to decide whose scans you read and what's more convenient/good enough, but you, as any other reader, DON'T get to decide whether or not scanlators continue a series because they're fed up.

You call everyone else "pirates," but you're just as guilty as scanlators and other readers for reading this material. Worse yet, readers almost never buy/visit the series on their original sites; at least many scanlators do. Plus, you're on an aggregate site. MD is an aggregate site and you're a visitor of this site. Quit pissing when you're no better than the rest of us. I say this not to target you specifically, but people that are like you and comment similar complaints.[b/]

Lol nobody's telling you what to do. it's a matter of what's a dick move and what's an even bigger dick move

edit: to clarify, idc about sniping, but the effect sniping has on scanlators.

Users who are viewing this thread