The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 2 Ch. 51

He's going to use this to cause trouble isn't he?
Someone like him will care more about revenge than the people who are suffering from disease.

Dex-chan lover
I'm a bit curious on why hasn't she try to tell anyone about the statue failing being the work of demons, or that the demons army are taking actions in preparation for their invasion at all.

If nothing else, Claude should be the one person she tells since he's clearly willing to work with her all the way through.

@WhimsiCat She hasn't made it public because in her previous timeline the Church got blamed for this so hard with very little fault of their own. She deems this unfair towards the Church so she informs them of the cause while allowing them to look into it and decide how and when to make the information public. Telling the populance to soon could also start a panic, since it means the Demon King is involved, all while the Empire is dealing with the epidemic.

@MisPen if I remember right, it's the maid she brought with her from her house when she got married. She's been noticing she acts sus, so I guess she's finally preparing to do something about her too

Dex-chan lover
rat bastard, hopes he gets exposed, but he'll probably start shit about the cure to avoid being discovered

ty for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
@FDPBoota : But we see here that the emperor is mad at the church BECAUSE the statues aren't working, and she knew that it's because of demons.

Since the emperor is acting like this, it implies that she DIDN'T tell him about the cause of the statue's malfunction.

Thank you very much for the 2 chapters today ^^

I'd say the things Gaspal said in these chapters are foreboding: that wicked guy began by talking about blasphemy but shut up after the messenger answered it was the Emperor's decision, but then, he suggested that the remedy might not work or have terrible effects... he is definitely going to sabotage the medicine, especially after learning FL is the one who created it, Gaspal has a completely misdirected hatred for her, even though he is the true authentic abusive jerk in the story 😡

Zm

God damn it the trash is back. Bet he's gonna sabotage the cure ugh🙄

Thank you for the double update! I bet Gaspal will try to think of a way to sabotage her efforts after finding out she was the one who came up with the treatment. On another note, I believe the name should be spelled as "Agentine", not "Argentine". Sorry just couldn't help but notice it the last few chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapters!

This chapter (and to a lesser degree the last chapter iirc) has quite a few grammatical mistakes and typos, especially in the first half - this seems atypical of your works afaik?

Can anyone else confirm or am I crazy

I feel sorry for the priests....? I mean, it's not their fault that the statues aren't working, right? And why didn't the red-headed paladin tell that they aren't working because they've been wrapped with black aura or whatever?

And I'm so glad that Ivonna started to openly doubt her maid!!! (that was the name of the maid that came with her, right? 😅) but what led to that? Last I remember she was suspicious but nothing concrete

Now, what is Gaspal (don't we have a mock name for this guy? like Ga-spit or something?) going to do with the king's summon? Like a lot of people here I'm expecting him to sabotage the cure but that won't save him for having to obey the king's order, right?

Users who are viewing this thread