The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 2 Ch. 53

LMAO !!
Claude : Almost killing the head priest
Also clause : "Yes, everything went super well :angelic Smile: "

Nep

Dex-chan lover
CLAAAUUUUUDE THIS IS NOT WELL!

WHYYY! WHY DID YOU ATTRACT MORE TROUBLE TO YOURSELF AND YOUR WIFE?

AND still he got rejected by holy sword. His hand was damaged again....

That will bring them more trouble, but tbh i am satisfied with it. Reading what that high priest said really make me disgusted, i really hate those bastards with 'holier than thou' traits

I mean...tbh isn't it much worse if the temple is on bad grounds with the wielder of the holy sword? Like even if they revoke the sword and his subsequent status as a paladin, won't the temple and country be without a holy sword user because they'd have to find someone else chosen by the sword? Like honestly at this point the temple should just claim the herbs were made by god and Ivona just happened to have the power to promote their widespread growth, all according to God's plan. At what point is fearmongering the public against one of the faces of the temple going to help their dwindling faith lmao. Bc as a paladin he's clearly proved himself as a protector of country and people, so trying to tear him down would shoot themselves in the foot...

Dex-chan lover
Good boi has a point. Some of these priest guys falling into Gas's trap just as planned is hilarious, he's not even that smart or cunning but people still listen to him.

Dex-chan lover
@iskaeil they probably think they can excommunicate him and have him give back the holy sword. If there were sufficient faithful people it is a credible threat, because no-one faithful would deal with him and those who were not faithful may lose deals if they deal with him.

Whether that would work or not when he just saved a whole bunch of people is a mystery.

Thank you for the chapter! He's soo precioussss and I loveee when the ML stands up for the FL when she isn't even there & vice versa🥺

It takes an audience to believe the priest's word over the duke. Just because we, the readers, saw this interaction doesn't mean the world saw it. Right now it's he said she said. Since the duke and his wife have a cure they have the backing of the people and possibly the emperor when it comes to continuing what they are doing.

And since this was a contest of intimidation the duke won this round.

@Red225 I mean I'm saying if they excommunicate him isn't that worse? Now the country and church is without a holy protector while they find a new wielder while there is clearly black magic afoot killing citizens. And it would actually worsen trying to get people to convert back to the faith, bc now even the holy sword can't choose the most righteous person and can make mistakes.

I mean I know the church is supposed to be a misguided organization here, but quite honestly how does it behoove them in any way to be like "oh well the holy sword user isn't even all that" when it's literally an ancient relic representative of their whole faith and chooses its own wielder...and when said wielder is able to become a symbol of the entire country...just seems like shit planning all in all to try and discredit the holy sword's master.

Dex-chan lover
Ivona in holy garments is brilliant
But I like evil witch Ivona.

As an aside, I was wondering if whatever made Claude unable to hold the sword also makes him more impulsive as well. Not like it is a bad thing in this case, since that priest didn't seem like a person who could be reasoned with in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
Lol no need to worry ivona,your husband handled it so well.easy pissy.XD.
HIS FACE WHEN THE DUNCHBAG TRASH TALKING HIS WIFE.YANDARE MODE ON!

thank you sooo much for the translations!

Users who are viewing this thread