The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 2 Ch. 53

Dex-chan lover
@Yamibi According to 3rd party spoilers,
the holy sword is rejecting Claude because the ruins trip awakened the demon power inside him, and said power clashes with the holy power.

Claude has demon power due to 1st timeline events - he also fell in love with Ivona then, but she died before he could get the temple to cure her. The temple priests convinced Claude to eat the heart of the demon lord, where he used its power to turn back time for Ivona.

Apparently the temple wanted to turn Claude into a new demon lord, to serve as a antagonist to rally their believers against so they can keep maintaining religious power.

@zz2000
Nice, I correctly guessed about half of that spoiler. //pats self on the back Also I am now officially on Team Burn Down The Temple because wow, that plan's going to backfire in literally everyone's face.

Claude's hand....... 😟

And that priest, what or who does he think he is? And yes, everything belongs to God, but that doesn't mean that what belongs to God belong to them, too, just for the mere fact that they....... work (?) at the church! What a load of 💩

And why can't....... You know what? Forget it: at this pace they're going to go on a witch-hunt all over again since they can't accept that Ivonna's can do what they can't in the meanwhile 😑

Double-page supporter
Hmmm.... I have a feeling this is gonna backfire real hard.

Thanks for the updates!

Dex-chan lover
@Red225 unfortunately for them, the sword violently rejects those it/god/divine powers don't approve of. They can't just pass it to any random dog of the priesthood.

welp. another pharasee. Even as someone with a practicing faith this troupe is getting old. Sure some congregations use 'God' as a scapegoat, but. *sigh* Not every one who practice their faith have the same narrow-mindedness as what is depicted.

Fed-Kun's army
Pfft as a religious person myself I seriously don’t get ppl who say it’s Gods will that they can’t do anything. Why isn’t it Gods will that Ivona makes the cure and saves his ppl?! Why they gotta be so egotistical and act like they actually know what’s going on in the plan of a deity?

Sorry this tripped one of my pet peeves

Fed-Kun's army
@TheTanJar7 Yeah, the evil church trope also seems to be a massive stereotype in fantasy. Not to say that there isn't some basis in fact; an unchecked massive organization is bound to have corruption. But more often than not it feels like these tropes are based on pre-reformation Catholic Church. The constant repetition of this trope is exhausting and suuuuper overdone.

@skilodracus For me it's the opposite, it never bore me, down with the church let people faith be free as long as they don't take away the freedom from someone else and believe like they want.

I know the trope is old but... Considering it's still a thing that people in our real like world reject science and medicine to the point that they let their faith heal/protect them. I heard of a friend from high school later say that it was her faith in God/Jesus that was the reason she hadn't gotten pregnant despite having completely unprotected sex. And we got a proper sex education, we weren't even an abstinence only school. It might not be as common in most parts of the developed world but it is still a thing.

It would be interesting tho, if the ex had somehow turned into a pharma-bro instead...

Dex-chan lover
After the sword throw, I was wondering what kind of elegant yet powerful retort he was gonna have...

"You better not say that shit about my wife"

...that works, I suppose

Users who are viewing this thread