The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 2 Ch. 53

By great you mean making the priest shit his pants and flee like a baby, yes! 😂

Dex-chan lover
Even the imagine spot of her being a "wicked witch" wasn’t all that intimidating or scary. She’s just too... fluffy looking.

Looks like the sword is still rejecting Argentine, his right hand's glove looked torn after he threw it at the priest. Bet the church is gonna find out and use that to have Duke and Duchess become enemies of the kingdom

Anyone else think he made a mistake losing his temper? When the priest was surprised by the reasoning that it wasn't Gods will to allow people to suffer until the statues were constructed, it seemed like the priest could be reasoned with, but then the Duke just dismisses the priest instead of continuing to try to reason with him, which can only result in more conflict in the future and a powerful enemy. This will only result in the Duchess having more problems not less.

Group Leader
The world building seems weak on this one. If the owner of holy sword is symbol or agent of God, how can he be below the likes of mere high priest?

Dex-chan lover
I fear he has just made a whole lot of trouble for his wife... 😬

@cklnunokawa true, true. Maybe Claude could’ve reasoned that the cure was just a substitute for the statues while the new ones were being made. Since God‘s will calls for the well-being of the people and black magic is blocking the current statues, I feel like it’d be hard for priests to argue.

I agree that making the temple fear them was probably not a good idea, there should have been a way to do this more peacefully. Even suggesting that they looked for a cure at the temple's request. They'd lose part of the credit, but still...

and what happened to the paladin guy who reported to the temple originally, we haven't heard from him in a while

CLAUDE BEST HUSBAND EVER

alright so i know he was wrong on treating the priest like that but he only lost his temper after that man was disrespectful towards ivona, we can't forget that she is a duchess which means she is basically the highest ranking noble out there only below the royal family and people can't just go around talking bad about her without consequences, also talking like that in front of her husband is even worst
plus, the temple didn't even try to understand that this could be a temporary solution and have a real talk with the couple, they are just thinking about their own position here and not the people wellbeing. so far we could see this disease affected more the poor commoners and as the head of the estate the agentines couldn't just wait for something that might even not work if they had a solution on their hands already, so even if the temple disapproves that, the emperor and the duke can't just wait for them.

ivona really made a wonderful decision by marrying someone as amazing as claude i love him so much:""""" good for her good for her, she deserved everything good this world has to offer

Claude is so cool! But did you see the glove on his right hand was damaged after he threw the sword? It still rejects him... I wonder what's that about. It started after the events at the ruins. If someone notices this, they'll be very, very bit trouble 😶

Double-page supporter
Ah, the holy sword is a thrown weapon. Clearly this so-called rejection was just leading him down this newer more powerful path.

Users who are viewing this thread