The Soulless Duchess

AT THE END OF THEY DAY, this could have all been resolved if one of these scanlators made way šŸ¤£ Seriously. Why get angry about "competing" with a low quality translation? Ive been in this manga game as a reader for 12 years, and though a lot of translating teams take first dibs on a manga and no one else touches it, Ive also seen teams TALKING IT THROUGH and WORKING ON IT TOGETHER. I hate that NNG disrespected some unspoken rule in the manga world, but I also hate that DnA has responded in such a manner where all the readers just end up heartbroken. this has just blown out of proportion. Kinda hard not to see the irony in this situation. I dont know, but Im just getting really stressed at the drama of these translating teams when none of us really have any right to these content in the first place.

Pot, meet kettle.

And also for people who are saying that maybe its bucci who's trying to get in on the drama, too...

HI BUCCI IF ITS YOU I LOVE YOU GUYS. PICK UP THIS SERIES, MAYBE?

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong and yes I know Iā€™m doing the same exact thing. Everyoneā€™s commenting about the drama while some are commenting about the missing chapter. Either way, from what I see the drama is literally being stirred up not by the teams but also by the readers. People are just commenting away about this and that and spreading this whole drama far and wide. Thereā€™s debates over unspoken rules and talks over which team should translate. If the teams donā€™t wanna collab then thatā€™s on them, we canā€™t force them too. At this rate it looks like theyā€™ll just send out translations and hope they get the more views.

At the end of the day, us readers are just giving attention to this drama. Yes I too would like quality translations at a faster rate if possible. Everyone has to realize these translators, proofreaders, and the ones who provide the raw sources are either high school/college students or people who work. They canā€™t upload all the time. It seems to me readers are just pressuring the teams into releasing faster in the comment sections about more chapters.

I donā€™t get it, really. If youā€™re so hellbent on getting more chapters, just go find another series to fill your desire or something. Itā€™s literally not that deep. I can honestly see both groups dropping this in the future. And thatā€™s that. Big oh well.

Forgive me for any grammar mistakes.

@scanlation you need but don't deserve.... your name says it all. But please pick this up because the series deserves you.

Btw, what happened to claude forever NNG group?? Did they simultaneously drop the series with DnA scans?

Tbh idgas who does it, but just finish what you started. Nothing less satisfying then a incomplete book.

Supporter
Kinda sad that instead of people appreciating the manhwa, now it has become a cesspool

@knight_noble in their last uploaded chapter they mentioned that they'd take a while for updates for a bit since they were helping their families with Chinese New Year preparations and celebrations. That was before DnA's mass update a few days ago.

@eva3071 a villain would need a victim, and like, honestly, none of the scan groups here is a victim. There has just been childish behavior that is embarassing to watch.

@Ayametachibanasan

D&A did try to reach out privately to NNG at first and they were completely ignored. I guess, this was what really triggered them. Itā€™s really hard to ā€œtalk it throughā€ when one group refuses to respond.

From the side of the scanlators, i dont see any point in ā€œcompetingā€ for a project. Since that was not the goal in them picking up a project. Unless they get money from this, one of their main motivators as to why they do this is because it personally brings them joy. They do this for free and there is no tangible rewards for them. If any of the scanlator groups (whether it be D&A or NNG) no longer feel happy or intrinsically rewarded working in a project then for me, they are not required to continue. As a reader, itā€™s sad, but I cant blame them for dropping.

As for all the conspiracy theories of who these new players are, it really is getting tiring and the actual content of the manga is sadly getting overshadowed because of all the drama

I would also like to point out DnA Scans said they will be dropping this series. The note is on chapter 18 at the end. Please be careful of spoiler.

@justkimi

True. This would have not gotten so out of hand if the readers themselves didnā€™t fan the flames. Itā€™s sad that the actual webtoon is getting side lined because of the drama. I also wouldnt be surprised if all the current scanlators decide to stop in the future.

I seriously dont care about the fight on who's going to translate it.. But whomever who is translating this right now, better upload chapter 20!

All this drama is ruining the story for me. No group hold the rights to translate this series, so if a group wants to continue translating a project that has been abondoned, that's Ok. But, DnA didn't drop the project, they just didn't updated it for a few days. There are projects here on Mangadex that have not got an update for more than 2 months (sometimes more than 6 or 8 months) and no one is trying to snipe them. I think Nng was wrong in sniping the project BUT I also Think that DnA lost a lot of good will because of their childish behavior (putting spoilers on your release? Seriously? If you have to put a warning, then just don't add the spoiler). At the end of the day, all we readers want is to read quality translations and enjoy good stories. If you wanna pick a project to translate, you should pick a new one or aim for the ones that haven't been updated in 6 months or more. You should also try to contact the group that was translating said project and ask if they really dropped it or not. Sometimes the group wants to keep translating that story but just don't have enough people to work on them. Peace

Group Leader
@ayametachibanasan unfortunately over at bucci we are shallow af and the art on this series just doesnā€™t cut it (itā€™s kinda oogley). I was actually asked by a lot of people both foreign scan groups and individuals to pick up this series before anyone had picked it up but yeah... the art wasnt all there for us. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

@cillakun is that so? Well.... beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, i suppose. But its funny, since you translate Ms Not so sidekick, which i dropped reading quite quickly due to the same reason you are giving for not working with this one (A reason is a reason, anyway. šŸ¤£. I enjoy many of the other series the group does, but not that one.)

And i should add... man, what a drama with the manwha. šŸ˜… I never had read so many comments before

Users who are viewing this thread