The Soulless Duchess

Fed-Kun's army
Readers: encourage practice that has generally been the reason groups have dropped projects.
group: drops project.
Readers : *Pikachu face*

Oh god! Stop it with the long annoying fighting comments on the rights to translate this.. Just upload chapter 20 will ya?

@Pokeroots, nahh i doubt the people who encourage it is the reader.. It has to be the translator's team doing it coz reader dont give a damn about all that.. All they know,they get to read the chapters according to order.. Now where is chapter 20?

@cillakun... Yeah based on your comment i can tell u are shallow.. But well who cares.. Keep up the good work.. As long as i get to read all the manhwa u r traslating (except miss not so sidekick which is ugly btw).. I'm satisfied with it..

I’m just hoping this series will be continued on by whoever decides to scanlate this on a stable basis.

And dear lord that drama, just communicate properly you people, DnA dropped this because of lack of communication with the snipers who wanted to use this series as “practice” (though I’d like to say, keep practicing, to them, and do it passionately, quality over quantity).

And oh boy I didn’t read chapter 20 yet so I’m avoiding reading chapter 21 for the time being. (But seriously, more snipers? rlly?)

Fed-Kun's army
Time to follow this and wait until the stupid drama blows over. Everyone involved is this is an idiot, btw.

God scan drama is dumb. It's like petty 4 year old screeching about bullshit.

At this rate, I'm waiting for the next player to show up (And more chapter 😂😂)

And i agree, miss not so sidekick art is ugly. Don't know why bucci insist doing that manhwa. And the story is really boring me out.

@De_Blois If you don't want people disagreeing with you don't post in a public forum.
When somebody is asking for new rules that prevent groups from posting and would affect everybody who uses this site i'm forced to respond in opposition so the site admins know that others don't agree with it.

@ManlyMan6545 okay manlyman :) Like I said though keep me out of it. If something happens that you disagree with tell the admins not me, my one opinion doesn't change anything. :)

(and you're not forced to do anything you choose to)

@Paradoxicull and @RaoulD Thank you both for making me remember about their holiday break for the Chinese New Years.😊

lol I did read it before and took it into consideration..... and now I totally forgot about it due to all the drama that happened after.🤣🤣

Not again 🙄

Can this series please just have peace??

I love the strength and confidence of the female MC. She's soooo cool and the magic elements are incredible.

@yehey

I understand perfectly. Thank you for your inputs. I was here during the time when DnA posted up abt talking to NNG. Which is why I also feel really stressed about NNG for not responding. I guess as a reader, Im feeling upset about how it became a tennis game of back and forth between both teams for a while before DnA decided to drop. As one of those who read both translations, I also volleyed between two sides and now Im just...

....really lost 🤣

Tho Ive been reading for a while, Ive never tried joining a scanlation team, so I guess I would never really know how either of them feel. Just would like to say again that I feel really 😭 as a reader since I was kinda looking forward to this story (tho Im kinda getting weirded out by how fast the love vibes are developing between the MLs.)

AND to @cillakun
Im not sure if you'll see this but HEY OKAY I GET IT. Ive stopped readig a series before cuz of all the weird vibes. STILL LOVE U GUYS. TOTALLY JUST WANNA SAY I REALLY DO WISH THE BEST FOR BUCCI GAND, DnA, AND ALL TEAMS OUT THERE. U GUYS ARE DA BOMB 👍

@Izzah68 you can google it, there's some aggregator sites that still keeping chapter 20

And @RaoulD , can you put your timeline essay that you put on chapter 21 in here? I used to make it but I can't keep it up with all of the drama, oh my.

A timeline of events up until. I'm 95% certain I've not missed anything and only reposting here at @kayna's request, send complaints there.

The first group to translate this series was Devil & Angel Scans (D&A). The first 4 chapters came once per month. Two days after D&A released Chapter 4, No Named Group (NNG) released Chapter 5. It received a lot of criticism for the image sizes being inconsistent and the translation being bad ("...If I think about it, Gaspal can only screaming to it") and an overuse of "Oppa". 22 and a half hours later they released Chapter 6. The translation quality had improved but was still in dire need of a proof reader whose native language was English, since in a credits note, they state that their native language is not English and they are translating this series for practice. If you did not like the translations, you did not have to read them and could wait for someone else.

6 hours after that D&A released their Chapter 5. The next day, NNG release their Chapter 7, which is where the drama really took off. The credits note for this chapter asked "Do you guys want us to keep translating it or not? Comment "Claude Forever" if you do and "Love Tristan" if you don't." If you look through the comments on that Chapter, you will see a lot of support, because they are fast, but those opposing it mention the fact that they are sniping, they have taken a project that D&A was working on a lot more carefully out of their hands for practice.

The next day, they released Chapter 8 and their credits note reiterated "If you don't like our translations, wait for another group," since they know their version is far from perfect and they aren't asking anyone to stop translating the series. 6 hours later, D&A released Chapter 9. This is the only part that needs to be "leaked" but there's so little that it's entirely irrelevant. D&A messaged NNG regarding the fact that they have sniped the series and received no response. The note also explains why they take issue with sniping and ask people to not support sniping.

One curious part of the credits note is that it begins with "We have not given permission to anyone." If you take it literally, it is a wildly arrogant statement. If you grant the benefit of the doubt, it may be in the same style as a father giving his permission to man to marry his daughter, an acknowledgement that they are equally care for the daughter/series.

An hour and a half later, NNG release their Chapter 9 with a credits note. They state that they have just learned that they have been sniping, despite this being mentioned in the comments of most of their prior chapters. After being accused of sniping the series by D&A, they accused D&A of sniping them by releasing Chapter 9 before them. It continues saying that they don't understand why they must ask for permission and this is all illegal anyway. After this, they ask a question "What should we do? Comment "Tristan Lover" for us to do Chapters 1 to 4, "Baron Gaspal" for "our own version of Chapter 1 only" and "Claude Forever" for them to carry on with Chapter 10."

Two and a half hours later, they release Chapter 10 with a credits note. It's mostly thanking people for their support and another "CLAUDE FOREVER!!! XD" but a comment was included, which is quite curious for fairness' sake. "If there are people who say they won't [read our works], then it's okay. We know you're reading it anyway ;)" If you take it literally, it's incredibly petty. If you grant them the benefit of the doubt, it's them being playful as they state later.

2 days later, Chapter 11 releases with a credits note to read the comments. This is where their response to D&A's message is found. "We are new to this scanslation things and we're having fun while we doing it. We haven't responded to you because we were scared you will tell us to stop releasing this manhwa." They got confused that they received the message after Chapter 6, not Chapter 5 and because they were deliberating how to respond and got positive feedback, having already finished their Chapter 7 and spent more time translating instead of addressing the message.

They continue that since this is all illegal "why there was so much rules in here?" and "Why can't we both release our works?" If that is their stance, why their initial fear in being asked to not translate the series, they can just ignore D&A's (in this case) request because multiple groups can work on a series.

They end with a message to those asking them to stop sniping the series, "we'll repeat it for the third time, please wait for another group version if you don't like our translation. Or please consider blocked our group."

This is where large message in credits note come to an end

Everything was quiet for a week and in the credits of Chapter 15, NNG announce they are slowing down for Chinese New Year. Two days after that D&A translate every Chapter from 6 to 18 and announce that they are dropping the series.

player3, an account made 5 days prior to the mass release, released Chapter 16 also prior to this mass release but it got removed. They later uploaded Chapter 19 25 hours after the mass release, which Kiracy re-released it in a different font. Theilikepie uploaded a literal image of a troll also under the name of Chapter 19, but the latter have been removed

player4, an account made the day after the mass release, uploaded Chapter 20 some time after. Due to the fact that the font apparently changed 3 times in one text box and had text running out of the bubbles, it was removed.

thegoodplayer, an account made a day after plaer3's Chapter 19 released Chapter 21. This is a random person, clearly playing with the fact that player3 and player4 aren't taking this series seriously. The drama doesn't involve them, and the series now has three tribes and some free men. The NNG tribe, the D&A tribe and the popcorn-eating tribe. Since NNG never responded to D&A to resolve the drama that they created it's devolved into this.

The D&A tribe are shit out of luck because translations will come to a stop at Chapter 18 - after all, NNG asked them to block them.

The NNG tribe don't need to care, they'll continue to get their fast releases after NNG return from CNY

The popcorn-eating tribe can move onto the next drama because I have serious doubts that shitflinging and one-off sniping will become a staple of this series. I don't think another group would waste their time translating something that is already being translated when there are so many other series to pick from that are dead.

EDIT: Included the information provided by Rockdrop.

Dex-chan lover
@RaoulD You missed player3 uploading and removing chapter 16 before D&A mass release.

Uploader of chapter 19 with just the font being emboldened is a user named Kiracy.
Uploader of chapter 19 that's just a troll image is a user named theilikepie.

Dex-chan lover
I don’t care what group translates this. As long as I can understand it. I appreciate the work. No one group is entitled to a translation of a manga/manhwa unless the ip owner of the original work gives you sole rights

Users who are viewing this thread