The Soulless Duchess

Thanks for the upload but...

Where can I meet a girl who will ask me to marry her?!!

I don't with your current translation. All of us still have a lot of time to learn, you too ofc. So, please don't mind. Keep up the good pace! Thank your for your hard work!

@bloochan Yes, as I literally said in my previous comment, it's entirely possible that there will be sympathetic queer characters later in the story, but so far we only have these two who are known to be queer and they're the cartoonishly evil antagonists. I think you're missing the point of what I was trying to say with my previous comment: that yes, while it's a bit of a red flag for a story's only queer characters to be the villains, it doesn't necessarily mean the entire story needs to be condemned. It just means the author either didn't consider or poorly thought out the implications of something like that. The context of the rest of the story and the author's intentions needs to be considered.

As for "why are we even talking about it", it's because it's an element of the story that's relevant and informs their characterization. If Tristan was a woman and they were a straight couple, there would be no subterfuge required. They could simply marry and be a happy couple but these are two gay men who live in a deeply heteronormative (if not homophobic) society and it forms the foundation of their shared motivation. Acting as if that isn't relevant to discussions of the story is disingenuous to the point of active and willful ignorance.

And finally, to be frank – as a queer person myself, I have never felt "excluded" by someone attempting to defend my rights as a queer person, nor have I ever seen another queer person express this sentiment. In fact, most of the people I see trotting out this idea that "by defending queer people you exclude them" sentiment are straight people who are uncomfortable with discussions of homophobia, transphobia, etc and want to shut them down. It just isn't a thing.

Thank you to devil and angel team for taking their time and translating this manha. Really appreciate it

Oh no, they sniped you after your release schedule was unknown to anyone. Jee just ask the guys if you can do a colab instead ?

Another one to enjoy! Thank you for picking this one up💓 & thank you for your hard work!!

Tho the other group was fast with the translations, they should've discussed and done the translations peacefully with DnA.

I hope you guys come to a conclusion.

Thank you DnA for the chapters.

While I agree that things could have been consulted beforehand, this whole thing is something that I have displeasure with at scanlation culture, with stories being monopolized and aggressiveness soon arising as soon as any competition arises.

I do prefer the DnA quality and I'm re-reading all chapters with them even if I read them first with the other group due to impatience, while I agree that taking a different project would mean a wider range of scanlations available I don't see what's such a big issue with another team stepping in, the exclusion feels way more toxic by comparison.

Back when I was younger, I remember that in anime, there would be anime translated by like 3 fansubs at once, each with different approaches for different publics and never saw anything troublesome arising, so I guess this is something unique of scanlations?

I simply hope that this issue is resolved in a peaceful way, as make too much drama arise will just sour everyone's mood.

Dex-chan lover
I don't support no named group, but I do support certain kind of sniping.

That is sniping from first chapter, something that no named group not done. For me if they start from beginning its a fair game.

Users who are viewing this thread