The Soulless Duchess

Thank you to both translators.

Had a horrible day and just glad to be able to read such an interesting story 🤗

Code:
[Spolier] A female MC stepping in and saving the male MC?! YESSSSSS! More of these kind of moments please!
[Spolier]

I don't know who is translating everything but thaaaaaaaaaank u r amaziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing guys.

If you dont want to read no name groups works you can block the group and uploader. But just for future reference, work on your grammar. The NNG has a lot of grammatical errors, and have some gaps in their translation. They also do not translate the sfx (a small thing, but I appreciate the details). The sizing for your pictures are not consistent, but that can be resolved with a QC. If you continue to translate, then put forward a sincere effort. If you do not care about those things, then communicate with D&A, instead of subjecting the readers to your subpar attitude.

Drop or don't drop the project, but do not incite bullying towards people who simply want you to do better and communicate with other translator groups.

DnA scans posted their side-note on sniping at the end of Ch 9 for anyone who missed it

@Spookie I mean the reason why NNG is even able to release much faster than D&A is because of the lack of effort put into it. Legit compare chapter 9 from both scan groups. You'll immediately notice the lack of redrawing and translations especially from the "sound effects" like dropping an object. I can't read korean so I have no clue what it says and it adds quite a bit for me to know what it says. This screams speed over quality and the lack of proper grammar and redrawing makes a bit rough to enjoy.

You also have to understand that in most sniping scenarios, the sniped group takes much more time to put in quality and effort so it releases much later and in most cases get significantly less views. Like why bother doing good quality scans just so barely anyone reads it while others have read the inferior quality scan.

I support @Spookie's opinion on this. And personally I think it'll be a good thing in the long run if the scans aren't that top notch quality, since it'll encourage people to seek out the source material and hopefully request a proper official translation from the actual author. Otherwise it'll be an encouragement for people to actually look things up themselves to learn about the language and culture to understand. Although, the grammar should still be understandable otherwise it's just as good/bad as using Google translator. And other's who prefer higher quality scans of D&A can just block the group on Mangadex, while other's can decide to keep reading NNG's scans and go back to reread D&A's version later. It's almost like a ritual for me to look at the raws anyways since it takes so long for translations to upload, so I'm thankful for NNG releasing translations.

I also agree with @Senshiluna's criticism. To me, NNG seems like a very new team who's doing scanlations for the first time, so they have a lot to learn. It's also important to communicate when contacted, although I don't consider "sniping" as I understand it as a a decidedly bad thing.

Thank you for updating!!I saw the raws and hoping you can catch up. Im just too lazy translating them tru google seeing you update so fast anyway 😁

I blocked the other group!! Will not support sniping in any way. Their last comment—according to what I saw on the comment section, didn't bother to click on the chapter—about readers "reading anyways" without properly working out a resolution and communicating with the other team pissed me off. DnA, I'm sorry you all are going through this.

Welp there goes a perfectly promising series. To all of you who are like "but at least we still get to "read" it!" (Sarcastic quotes mine, because quite frankly, if you consider this scan quality readable, you maybe need to raise your standards), it's kind of like being promised a filet mignon, taking these delicious first bites of a beautiful, delectable, professionally prepared meal, and looking forward to the rest.....

.... Only to have your plate snatched away from you and having it replaced with cat food. To be told you should appreciate it anyways is an insult to your intelligence, and quite frankly I'm not hungry enough to waste my time (did I stretch this metaphor to breaking? Absolutely).

If DnA has a discord and they continue scanlating, I'll happily join it and wait for better quality scans. Until then, I don't have the time to waste. Unfortunately, I suspect DnA won't either. So, it's a pity.

So many are supporting the sniper group since they 'released faster and its readable anyway'

Well, I'll come back in one year to laugh when this series had been abandoned because snipers will only release for drama and will disappear like the wind when the scanlation team drops the series. Enjoy your faster, short lived, google translated releases

Ze Drama... It ees here among my shoujo...

Ignoring the translator tug a war going on because heck if I know about how to talk about that subject, the designs on the holy beasts? So adorable, so memorable, so SOFT! Charlotte in particular is my favorite because well... How can you top a pink cat with tiny green fairy wings? In any case, I was tepid about this series in the beginning (revenge stories can be done... badly) but I've started warming up to the magic the world is building and even Ivona's personality has grown on me significantly now that her powers are being displayed. Always glad to see an update on where she'll be going next!

Can the google translate team cut it out please. You think youre doing something nice but youre just undermining other people's work

Hello,
No Named Group, just now I read a translation of the 6th chapter and your note on the end. And I just MUST thank you for your effort. I come from Poland and although I too still learn English if not thanks to you and your translations I wouldn't able to read this kind of webcomic.
So I want you to know, that I appreciate your hard work and once again THANK YOU <3

This is getting blown way out of proportions. To be fair, no one should be translating this manhwa anyways since it is basically illegal. So why the name-calling and insults? In the end, it is up to the reader to read what they want. No one should be blaming NNG for translating the manhwa, albeit with a slightly inferior quality. And we all know that DnA provide more accurate and higher quality translations. So everyone already have two options here. Choose whatever version that you want and stop mocking whatever option that the readers want.

Users who are viewing this thread