The Soulless Duchess

Hour of lunacy scanlation team doing God's work I swear😭😭😭😭 Thank you so much for scanlating the second season I hope you'll continue to do so!! 😍😍

Just started reading this, only on chapter 15 at the moment, but wow, can I just say how awesome Ivona is! I hope her disgusting cousin, father and the earl gas-whatever get what’s coming for them.

Nice, it’s interesting to see that
Ivona and Claude were on friendly terms even in the past. Glad she wasn’t completely alone. Hope her knew mana increase will help them defeat the demon lord. Though, what was up with Claude’s purple-y evil magic just then!?

Fed-Kun's army
Hmm just starting this and she didn't go quite as far back as I expected. It's a refreshing change of pace but I dont like how it wasnt far enough back to
avoid her engagement or stop that douche from taking credit for her summons
- I kinda like the advantage that time regression protagonists usually have, to get started on things way way early (like when they're still kids) and I thought I'd see that here. Its still very good though, I'll keep reading and see how things go.

@StaK honestly I find this more interesting then going way back. Here she has to both find a way to obtain power while fighting off the people she can't trust. Instead of avoiding them she has to face them.

Fed-Kun's army
@FoxyAmy I can understand that, I too find it slightly more interesting - but at the same time I feel that a lot of what shes doing she could've achieved with a slightly less ex machina plot device than time regression -- you know what I mean? Like she couldve just discovered the truth before sacrificing herself (no one spoiler hammer me, that much is in the description! Lol)
and then struggled in the exact same way to get out of her engagement and away from her toxic family im the same way she does here; She couldve seen the Duke (our MC duke) as her only hope and sought out the same arrangement without time traveling.

Her being smart and different as she is would've been enough to overcome many of these obstacles. Plus, If she needed an extra edge, then a prophetic dream or something would've sufficed. Im not criticizing though, I think its fine as it is, I just feel like the time regression trope is playing a far less significant role here than it usually does >>> it's sort of like seeing a hero pull the holy sword from the stone and then proceed to mostly use it as a walking stick while he defeats the demon king with his bare fists

@StaK I don't really know where it's going, but i feel like her emancipation from her family is barely an introduction to the manhwa. I would be surprised if her ex-fiancee reppear as an important role.

As you said, a whole manhwa could have been written on the sole idea that she has to overcome her toxic environment. It's just that this arc seems to be mainly around the Demon King and her hnowledge of his future appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread