The Spark in Your Eyes - Ch. 8 - The Nameless Castle (6)

I guess this makes for an interesting dynamic. He might not forgive her even if he falls for her when he finds out who she really is. She is becoming more human and empathetic though as they interact.

bro they're gonna need to cook up one hell of a sob story for the FL to redeem her. it's not lookin good boys

@limoncello @vexelpops She's a literal weapon of war, I don't know why people wanna insist she's irredeemably evil knowing that. We have no idea if she killed his parents or not, but what we do know is she fought in wars and I'm sorry to break it to everyone here but people kill each other as a profession in war. But nothing she's said or done ever has malicious intent, she's cold and amoral but not depraved or cruel. She's a weapon and weapons don't have feelings or morality to be measuring motives and whether they're evil people or not. Calm yourselves and stop taking a moral high ground when it comes to a kill or be killed environment like war, seriously. 🙄

I just found this series and I have to say it’s really interesting and I think the fl is actually really cool even if she’s rough from what’s she’s been through and done. Maybe we’ll see her grow emotionally from being around the ml. Thank you so much for the chapters!!:)

Living on a farm I can almost guarantee that killing that horse IS the best and wisest choice. It's not only the broken leg. In the real world, it wouldn't be good to move that horse! Can you imagine any safe way to take it back to the boy through a forest with only two people? It's indeed naive of the MC, in my opinion.

@Abasopalo I work on a farm and I was thinking that too. There's no way that they would have been able to effectively treat it. A horses legs are it source of power, without even one of them they can't survive. Its a sad truth :(

How conflicting. Let the horse suffer some more, so the owner who loves him can see him one more time or kill the horse now and end his suffering. People would obviously choose the former, because they don’t give a shit about animals. Just wanna say, the probability of them bringing the horse back to the castle alive and then keeping it that way until they get the boy again, whose whereabouts they don‘t even know? Yeah, only in fiction

To the ppl who are like "FL is evil and needs a redemption arc. " Don't forget that there are ML in other manhwas who are like that or even worse and don't get shit talked like that.

TBH I don't see her being evil. I see that she was in war and that if she didn't want to get killed she has to kill and that she does regret killing.
Also it reminds me a little bit of Violet Evergarden

Double-page supporter
@Nameee super true.
A lot of young teens love seeing Dark Mc's or not so empathetic mc's. But people who read the female lead stories usually have something to say about them when they aren't as empathetic if it involves them having done something bad.

@Dreadkiwi I get the impression she might of been raised at a young age to be a tool of war seems she doesnt have parents and the king controls all her moves

Fed-Kun's army
I always trash talk MLs/MCs who are evil for no reason. In this story, it's already clear that she lacks empathy due to backstory yet to be revealed which is more than we often get with sucky MLs.

i see your points but just because MLs can be worse doesn’t make her good by comparison.

the way this was written didn’t hint to the idea that maybe she was forced to go to war and it was kill or be killed. the author wrote it in a way that makes it sound like she just wanted to help the emperor conquer land so she decided to go to war and kill a bunch of people (or maybe that’s just how i took it). and usually when a war hero comes back, they’re ridden with guilt, but the FL in this story is rather apathetic and even wanted to kill the ML simply for being a northerner. her reaction and paranoia also makes sense but that just adds to why people dislike her.

but sometimes her cluelessness about being a good person is cute and sometimes it’s irritating

i can’t tell if she’s evil for no reason since i don’t think the author did a good job explaining her reason for going to war, or maybe the author hasn’t even touched on the subject yet, but i’m not gonna give her the benefit of the doubt just because some stories have even worse ML. i’m still hopeful to see a good reason for why she is the way she is, i don’t necessarily want her to change but i hope she can live leisurely one day.

i think another reason people dislike her is because in most stories, the war hero doesn’t usually kill off the main lead’s community. i feel uncomfortable cause he’s obviously developing feelings and she’s a huge reason why his family’s dead, i’d say the emperor is the biggest reason though. let’s all agree that he’s human trash.

Users who are viewing this thread