The Spark in Your Eyes

This gives me big Detective of Muiella / Mueller energy.

If you enjoy this, then try reading that one! :)

Spinless ML and puppet emotionless FL. This gonna take really slow for sure. 100 chapters to see something happen and stop mid cliffhanger as the first season end. another 100 chapters in season 2 and keep dragging the drama until the end

Agree with the below comment, mc wants revenge on the sun witch but doesnt look for clues on her whereabouts and even if he does discover who she is doesnt look like he can kill her cause he weak, hes not even trained in self defense so i dont know how he has the balls to say he wants to get revenge on her.

Can we just appreciate the armor designs for the latest chapters? No whacky separated boob armor for the female knights and one of the ladies was carrying halbert instead of a sword!

i stayed away from this manhwa because of the comments. glad i came back to this.
i actually like the characters. i like the art. i like everything.
give it a chance :)

thank you to the scanlators ❤️

Group Leader
DOG MC.... bullshit story... etc etc... BTW! Enable moderated comments because i get moderated all the time... Censorship on a high level LOL

He will say to the girl that killed his family that:
-I shall forgive you... if you will be my WIFE!! or like I shall forgive you... my lady, my master, my one...

XXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDD
1 star, dropped bullshit

Group Leader
My goodness there's some harsh comments on here. I have to say, I'm a bit surprised, considering that this is one of my all-time favorites. The characters have incredible depth to them, and the story handles the very real and very difficult consequences that war can have on people. I strongly disagree with the previous commentator who suggested that those difficulties will be solved easily. The author is great at showing reasonably paced and realistic character development, and I absolutely think it'll be a long road for all these characters. I don't really understand the hate on the ML either, but I suppose to each their own.

Also, the fact that the women in this story are strong, realistic characters is a huge plus for me. And the female knights are legit just knights, there's no feminization of them! I love it.

@roberm second that...lik don’t mean to hype it up too much but imma do that cuz it deserves the clout tbh I wish this blows up so that we can get more stories lik this with greatly written female protagonists/characters cuz omg some of these manhwas/mangas targeted towards women feel one dimension and cringy af lik nah the standard needs to be set higher n I’m not saying this manhwa’s gotta do it but it’s helping

The MC isn't spineless, he isn't just a made Assassin either.

How would you go about revenge? Go into a castle where everyone hates you and make yourself suspicious af? He is waiting for an opening, and really, that's his safest option.

POV: U went into this general comment section cuz the description is hella vague only to see dividing opinions.

Maybe we should give it a try first?

this is really good. ignore the doubters, have faith in where the story is going. It's true that if this was handled badly it would be crap, but it seems pretty clear imo from context clues that ML is not going to fall in love with the person who murdered his parents.

First up, ML has no way to get revenge, so to be honest forget him suddenly going on a rampage. As far as he is aware, it is literally impossible for the sun knight to get sick due to her healing powers. By ingratiating himself to the mysterious lord and the royal family, he hopes to learn clues about the sun knight. This is like a life long plan this dude is trying to enact.

This guy had his his entire life destroyed "by the sun knight". He literally only has this flimsy concept of revenge to live on (how do you, a powerless civilian who doesn't even know how to hunt hope to kill the immortal sun witch?) but really it's not realistic. It's just literally all he has to comfort his trauma, to make him feel like he has some control over his destiny.

She's considered his worst enemy, but we're already getting clues that not all is as it seems. She doesn't remember killing them, but she recognizes his eyes. She doesn't look older than him, and unless immortality comes with eternal youth, it seems that she was a child soldier. (the only time we have seen her figure out of armor it seemed.... small.) It's been 5 years since the war, and 8 since his parents died. If ML was cast out of the village "when he was almost adult", he must have been a child during the war and FL doesn't seem to be significantly older than him. In fact, she's seen as a peer by Therion, who was too young to fight in the war and only became a knight at the end. Would he be hitting on a woman ten years his senior?

Potentially big spoilers:

My theory is that when she disappeared, she was helped somehow by his parents - a teen on the battlefield the same age as their son? obviously they're going to help - and when they were discovered helping her/her identity was revealed they were executed. Obviously she didn't know they were doctors as she can't be injured. Naturally, as they were harboring the sun witch she was blamed for their death. They weren't going to tell their surviving kid their own army had killed them. This incident probably traumatized FL, hence why she was just in her tent in the dark, and she probably has repressed the memory.

This is a story of its own within this genre and setting. With how most shoujo, historical stories are; I’d say this series is above the shoujo league within this area. The story and characters are well developed and it’s very interesting to read about them.

Oof, comment are flipping rough which is surprising since I thought this one was pretty good. But I’m super excited to see the story progress. Thanks for the translation! 😆😆😌

I wish I could have a resume of how the story is gonna go in the future, cause waiting for each chapter is PAIN

Users who are viewing this thread