The Spark in Your Eyes

I can kinda understand that why people don't like the FL but the story is heavily hinting that the FL is not a master of her own destiny and has been basically been wielded around like a puppet

Ahhhh I really wish the first scanlation team would keep working on this. Did they drop this already? I really find this webtoon great and promising but I just can't enjoy it when the TL and grammar are jumbled and messy. Not looking to hate on the hardworking scanlators, ofc. Just a personal preference.

Group Leader
Did this series potentially get sniped from the first group....hmmm. Also, am I the only one who gets uncomfortable or iffy when scan teams try to plug their Patreon and do early release chapters? First of all, fan scanlation should be a free hobby without any intentions to profit. It’s pretty odd to try to make money off of someone else’s hard work. If you want to get paid for being a translator/typesetter, then it’s better off to apply to an official platform like Webtoons or Tapas...

I hope the current team isn’t having some form of ad revenue or anything in the site they advertise....at least encourage readers to support the original work too...

Fed-Kun's army
@Patchysan you're not the only one. Asking for money from scanlation is the most scummy thing you can do. If you can't buy shit by yourself don't take money from people.

Fed-Kun's army
Okay but like highkey this is my favorite series :) It's a slow world-building and slow-burn romance with a dash of enemies-to-lovers romance mixed in, and the art is incredible. Seriously, the characters are amazing and I can't wait to read more.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think this is romance, lmao.
Maybe because I don't fully read it. Welp, maybe the romance appears in middle since I only read the beginning.

I personaly loves the fml's personalities and others,
she was like that without any options she was like a child who knows nothing abt relationships and emotions, she's locked up when she's so young without any family or friend by her side. So thats what made her like that, its wrong but not entirely her fault. We dont even know much about her, dont judge if u dont know anything. You guys shouldn't hate her, but the emperor.
She's changing too, so i dont get why yall hate her that much, just drop this if you can't understand and
fuck off

@Patchysan I always thought that donations/patreon was available and optional because it allowed the group to buy raws so they could scan. I know solo uploaders of manhuas from apps like wecomic may have to buy coins to access chapters. This also applies to manhwa apps/sites too. That's just my benefit of the doubt. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes when it comes to collecting/providing raws, as I was more of a cleaner/redrawer and typesetter so I never had to worry about raws, per-se and where they were coming from, but when they were in so I could do my job. Plus, I was only in a group once, and briefly at that, so... ヽ(ー_ー )ノ

Group Leader
@kittykizzy ideally that is what I would hope, but it’s hard to tell. Personally, I think if there is a RP, then the scan team should be responsible for providing their own money for projects they picked up since scanlation is a hobby. I would rather encourage readers to support the author directly then have them donate it to my team.

I do RP for quite a few different groups behind the scenes and never once asked for donations or compensation. Korean chapters are not expensive at all actually and usually range from $.33 - $.55 a chapter. Some sites will make you charge by $5-$10 increments, but they can easily go a long way and get at least 20+ chapters. It’s only kr/english release sites like Lehzin and Tappytoon where the prices are expensive AF per chapter.

I love this kind of webtoon who takes time to progress but not running at a snail's pace either. It deserves as much attention as the isekai one. In fact, it is strange if it is not. It's a shame that there are less fans just because it doesn't appeal to your fangirl side. 😂

The premise is interesting and there are no skipping scenes to wrap up the story in one chapter. The male lead is fine, no need to bad mouth him, people. And seeing the heroine playing behind the scenes while the mysteries are being revealed one by one is really good. The setting does not support romantic development but it seems that over time there is mutual understanding. Well, sometimes we need subtle romances instead of the wild or cringe-y type. Their colliding backgrounds are interesting to watch.

Thanks for picked this up!

Users who are viewing this thread