The Story of a Waitress and Her Customer

Dex-chan lover
It's cute, but I'd like to think they should get past the "blushing so hard they have tears in their eyes and they're stammering out every syllable one at a time they're so nervous" phase before chapter ten, which is when I dropped it

We totally needed that unnecessary love triangle, as if this wasn't boring enough
I swear the author knew this shit was boring and inserted him

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Wholesome romance between two shy people. Unique art style and a hint of progress, looking good so far

A lack of progress in their romance is always how it works in manga, because they always end up together at the end or near it, and the love triangle is always a part of it to make it more "exciting" for the readers, that's always how it works. It's a shame because I thought this was just a cutesy, wholesome read but then it became a stereotypical shoujo manga.

Dex-chan lover
The issue I am seeing is once the page count extended, the need to fill panels resulted in the creation of unnecessary side characters, and a more drawn out plot. The thing that kept their relationship different and charming was that they were both overly nervous and sweet characters, who both struggled internally to get close to each other in brief moments of their lives, I think the limited page count played to this strength as a more complex plot wasn't needed in part to the chapter length. We just wanted to see them slowly bond together over brief encounters.

My main issue from this page count increase are the side characters, not only do they take up those new pages, but were also introduced late and suddenly with them already feeling completely unnecessary, as the original formula of the story was focused on the MCs internal struggles. Now the conflict involves sharing screentime with people we never wanted nor cared about with the conflict becoming external. It also really doesn't help that none of the side characters feel memorable much less likeable.

I will still read this, but this change in plot has really shifted the dynamic of the story, and I can understand why people are upset at this sudden shift. Honestly, I'm not particularly fond of it myself but I like the MCs so ah well.

Dex-chan lover
makes u feel fluffy fua fua in ur depressed kokoro :wooow: :hearts:
heh beware of ntr it might strike u anytime
jkjk

Users who are viewing this thread