The Story of the Hated Mule

@mortalrizza "A healing romance blooms between an obsessive and frigid 'guardian' that only shows kindness to one girl, and a little 'miss' scarred by her past.".... It bothered me gor a while but he is not?

The story is largely incoherent. It's quite confusing. Not the TL's fault though!
I'll probably continue reading in the hopes that it'll improve along the way. Also, I hope Judas isn't the ML but he probably is. *sigh*
I kinda want him to stay as the girl's parental figure but oh well...

Aggregator gang
interesting newtoki has the last raw, ch 24 from Nov 2. While Kakao has ch 24 published on Dec 21. Is the series over or in hiatus?

Kind of weird...got a grown ass man trying to groom a child only for him to fall in love with her later??? I mean there are plenty of series similar to this but, I was just never really into these kind of stuff. Just makes everything so awkward...

Anywho, not the best series. It’s very confusing, lots of things being thrown at you only to leave you hanging (on purpose to make you want more I assume?). It gets very annoying when done incorrectly...not to mention the characters in here are pretty inconsistent with random spurts of oocness. It’s probably because there’s a weird sense of development like they’re trying to rush things so not a lot of things are flowing well.

@mintcinno
Edit: I had forgotten about the description, been a while since I started following this, in a summary, I had put that up to now it hasn't been grooming but fuck the description I forgot about it.

And the confusing parts are indeed very confusing, but that's because it's being told from the girl's perspective, we are told what she learns, so yes, there's a lot we don't know, the same as her.

I feel like this is a relatively slow paced one and we will learn more when she does.

The plot isn't weird and the age gap is OK because they are living in a fantasy world when 'creatures' could live for hundreds of years. The important thing is Tara should be an adult when romance happens. Tara and the Lord Mage are not blood-related.

Group Leader
I know that this manhwa is getting a lot of flack but I think the world building is far superior to most other such manhwas. Rather than exposition after exposition, this manhwa utilizes showing over telling, by slowly expanding the world to us through the protagonist's eyes. Interesting story.

This story is good. So damned good., for now. It loosely reminded me of that famed manga, hana to akuma. And i really don't get how this story can be confusing? It's quite straightforward, and i really enjoy the "show, not tell" style.

If the "confusing" part stems from all the facts not being laid bare in the beginning, then just be patient? Novels and some good mangas also unfurled the mc 's story and the world slowly slowly.

@PepePatate, So I found in wikipedia "A mule (lat. Mūlus) is the result of crossing a donkey and a mare [1]. The term "mule" was originally applied to the offspring of any two animals of different species - what is now called a "hybrid."" So i think either mule was like an insult used to her, when abusing her. Or it might be connected to her fraternal bloodline and she is a Hybrid or sort of something like that.

"the story of how i got isekaid into this manhwa world and brutally took revenge on everyone that bullied the main character"

This is so cute. Yes, it's 'confusing' at first, but that's because it decides to unfurl the plot. But honestly it's a very enjoyable story. And the art! So good!!! Thank you for translating!!!!

She was living with the devil but her soul is still pure, bless her ♥
Haha, not today satan...

@justforamin The term mule, like you said, refers to the offspring of a horse and a donkey. It's common notion that horses are the superior species as well. In this case, it directly refers to a noble, "the horse", breeding with a commoner or mistress, "the donkey." The offspring would then be a "mule" or an illegitimate child or a bastard or a halfling or whatever you would like to refer to it as. It can be used as an insult in the story, but also as a sort of analogy, if you will.

Dex-chan lover
ff: mules can't breed with each other. or at least mule + mule doesn't equal to a mule.
mules were initially bred to have a horses long distance with the hardy quality of a donkey.
this is an interesting series and for caught up readers, can I speculate on her family
not sure if anyone else takes the hint but I can assume her father is also a fairy like the others. and being a magician has something to do with severing the bloodline, like perhaps being immortal (long live causes complications but of course he obviously has power given the examples)- I would say gaining magic but with other examples, aside from fairies are ancient bloodlines and our protagonist.
also there are some hints that though her uncle and her mother are the same generation. they were once step siblings, and that her mother once held romantic feelings for him- unless her obsession with beauty has to do with fairies, meaning the "him" that uncle Judas mentioned is for a specific fairy, but the only one mentioned was the red-hair queen.
there is a lot to this story, and you don't have to digest all of it to get the story. the protagonist can function without omnipotence

Users who are viewing this thread