The Strange Dragon and the Former Choreman of the Heroes Party, Relaxing Slow Life on the New Continent - Vol. 1 Ch. 2.1

Dex-chan lover
I still wanna know how does someone with an appraise ability still not know his familiar is a dragon?
It's possible the appraisal ability doesn't recognize the species as a dragon, but something completely new species

Dex-chan lover
It just wouldn't be a "left the hero's party series" if the MC wasn't completely dense about SOMETHING.
But is it really that series?
I mean MC and the hero party already defeated the demon king. And the Hero party also think highly of MC. They even had a goodbye party before the MC go to the new continent

It's different from the usual "kicked by hero party" Thing

Dex-chan lover
Given the description of the Appraisal Skill in the chapter cover, maybe Appraisal only gathers information and the user has to parse it through their own knowledge/experiences? MC has no point of reference for something that looks like a hippo being a dragon so he defaults to calling it a hippo.
Just spit-balling, no idea if that is how it works.

Dex-chan lover
So, they're building houses without first curing the wood? Well, they have magic so assumingly they use that to dry it...

Fed-Kun's army
Judging from the cover art it has one of the common tropes from it though, the woman on the cover is clearly the Hero (not that we've seen much of her, but her hair style matches) So for whatever reason the Hero chases after him and since she has a more of the focus on the cover, shes probably the love interest.

Dex-chan lover
But is it really that series?
I mean MC and the hero party already defeated the demon king. And the Hero party also think highly of MC. They even had a goodbye party before the MC go to the new continent

That's what we are commenting about, it's a nice change that it isn't the Hero party are assholes. Nemo's making the joke that cause he doesn't know hippo is dragon and didn't use appraise on it (Or something or is blocked) that the writer had to make the MC dense in some manner.

Many mangaka make the MC dense for comedy, drama, progression (love/enemy/friendship) wheel spin or weirdly as an endearing trait (I never understood this one anyone would get pissed if you made advances on someone and they kept being like "Oh she/he wants a fruit thats what she meant by lets have a date".)

Dex-chan lover
That's not a dragon, but a JCB mated with a swiss pocket knife.... Cute though..

As for the MC not recognising it as one.. He's seen and even tamed dragons on the old and demon continent, and they look like the classic fantasy dragons.
This little juvenile doesn't look like one. And I've a feeling that an Appraisal on her(?) would give the MC either a stupendous headache, or a mostly outfuzzed/unreadable status screen.
The only thing we know is that the contract itself took enough magic to seriously drain the MC, something he only had with full-fledged dragons on the old continent.

Dex-chan lover
That's not a dragon, but a JCB mated with a swiss pocket knife.... Cute though..

As for the MC not recognising it as one.. He's seen and even tamed dragons on the old and demon continent, and they look like the classic fantasy dragons.
This little juvenile doesn't look like one. And I've a feeling that an Appraisal on her(?) would give the MC either a stupendous headache, or a mostly outfuzzed/unreadable status screen.
The only thing we know is that the contract itself took enough magic to seriously drain the MC, something he only had with full-fledged dragons on the old continent.
I just wish there was a scene where he tried you know. It just seems odd not too especially considering it's power.

Dex-chan lover
So they embark to a new continent and yet the ship has no oars?

I question their shipwrights.

Thats a cute hipolotl tho

Supporter
wait, wasn't this hippo 10 meters? why's it so small now? Did it have magical shrinking power? nothing of the sort was mentioned. Is this manga just a bad adaptation?

Users who are viewing this thread