The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest - Vol. 5 Ch. 16.1 - The Strongest Sage, Being an Inspector

Why make a massive event? Why doesn't Matthias just challenge the principal to a duel to prove his point?

Dex-chan lover
@Hank
It’s so there’s no excuse for him when he loses in front of the king of the country. Also the spoiled loser claims Matty and his girls aren’t human, and should be barred from participating

Dex-chan lover
The dragon loli is an even more common sense breaking character than the MC. ?

Dex-chan lover
oh. my. god.....SHE'S PERFECT!

@Talismaster

doesn't that miss the point, though? Dude was summoned by the king and their country is in crisis. Why bother with his opinion now, the king should order them to help and fire him if he doesn't comply in this situation. He could rightfully call it desertion and even call into question his allegiance if the guy who looked to be harboring demons refuses to help make an anti-demon barrier.

Though, in real life, that would lead to a whole list of problems even if the king is obviously right to do it. If too many nobles sympathize with him and feel their 'pride' is being infringed it could start a civil war at the exact wrong time. One of the two major sources of the countries power, especially the one that's "most respected" having these institutional and structural biases that make them inept is also a long term problem that's best dealt with now while they have the opportunity....did I just answer my own question...?

Dex-chan lover
@Magaso
Dude's a spoiled loser. He knows he'd never win against the MC in a fair fight.
Edit: I just realized you meant Iris. Yeah, since she didn't participate last time, he doesn't know she's powerful. But she can't hold back, so Matty leaves her on the bench. For everyone's safety.

@Meridis
The MC uses all of this as evidence he has been wasting the kingdom's and his precious time, and it makes the king decide to immediately execute this guy when the match reveals that he has specifically gone against the king's orders time and time again because of his pride. The execution happens right in front of the first academy's students, so they all become very nice and obedient, and no nobles whine about being used as dungeon miners. The point is, Matty doesn't need this dude alive; he's just an eternal hindrance, like his older brother. What he needs are the "glory" crest production squad of useless nobles, and he and several others have decided this is the best way to shut up any and all dissent.

Wait, what's with the sudden change of appearance for the uncle? He didn't look like that in chapter 4. If they wanted to change his appearance then they could've at least kept his previous look during the flashback.

Dex-chan lover
why do i get the feeling its gonna be the whole first school vs matthias

The first academy students include the heir too pretty much all noble houses in the kingdom. It's very hard to try to intimidate them into cooperation. Having a tournament will provide the opportunity to convince the first academy principal, students and overall population.

Dex-chan lover
@Meridis: Yes, I think you did. Also, spot on analysis. *thumb up*

@Talismaster:
Execution? I get, that this is a time of crisis and mankind is this close to being wiped out, but that principal and the other talking jerks just don't get it. They simply don't understand the situation. Isn't there a more civil way to make them understand, than beheading people?

Dex-chan lover
@Qelix Being civil would waste time, and as you said they are this close to being wiped out, so they need to be efficient with the time they have left. Plus,
beheading is much more civil then say, being drawn and quartered or death by magic firing squad or being burned at the stake or hanged, and I think it makes a very very clear point that behavior like that won't fly when there are real issues to deal with.

Dex-chan lover
@Qelix
Imagine being at the top of the world with your elementary school level education, then all of a sudden, you’re told you’re not going to be CEO anymore, and you’re expected to do hard labor for the rest of your life, because that’s your true talent. And now every other major corporation’s heir is in the same boat as you. That’s what it’s like for the glory crest nobles.

Just asking is like inviting a rebellion. If you have to unjustly execute people, do it as swiftly as possible, and with as little casualties as possible. Do it all in one stroke, so as to not repeat it. Ignoring a king’s orders is already on a level of treason, or something close to it.

Dex-chan lover
@Meridis : nice though, I was thinking the same.

Still, it's kind of strange that the king doesn't have a say about this situation and the solution proposed by the MC.

Users who are viewing this thread