The Strongest Savior's Second Chance - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like you could do better defenses given the prep time. Some pitfalls at least. A field of spikes. Send a letter to your local lord informing them of a hoard of baddies sighted in the area of village X. That kind of thing.

Yeah just cut off any form of escape that the village has
What a galaxy brain move

Dex-chan lover
What... He knew the direction the monsters would come from, why not make a wall around the monsters? Also why not set up some stairs on the wall for village archers and mages to support from safety?

MD@Home
Oh, nice, at least this chapter addresses the issues with the last chapter! It feels short though and it feels like the entire thing was just to show that the author can indeed write a plot and be logically consistent with the story XD! I suspect there's something else with the even thus why the MC made it surround the village, but with how it's been so far, we will have to read the next chapter to know for sure if it's going to be any good XD!
Anyway, this was a good chapter all in all :)

I see what he's doing, but the way he's shouldering the whole burden and making it all about himself instead of working together with his family (the lesson he was supposed to have learned with the bears) has got me annoyed.

Dex-chan lover
I was wondering why he wasn't at the very least installing traps and such, but I guess a manly solution like this is acceptable in a high fantasy setting where he actually does have a chance to succeed by himself. It's not like we were promised a clever protagonist in the first place.

why is there macho men among the monsters ahahahaha Hmm I highly question MC's choices here but oh well

Fed-Kun's army
Wow this guy is a total idiot.

He had 16 years time to think and plan for that day, and what he came up was a wall and a bunch of swords, and him soloing the whole stampede? Geez what a dummy.

I don't remember the name, but there's this other similar manga with a similar setting (mc being reborn to same timeline/life as before etc), and there was similar event (can't remember if the village was being attacked, but something of that sort), and in that he basically told his parents the whole deal of him having his memories.. And they actually believed him, and they made a plan together with his information.

I think this protagonist is just plain stupid (& stubborn), for not using all the resources that he had available.. He could've just told'em that he just knows that there's monster stampede coming, so evacuate children/women a day before to safety, and arm up the men, and even hire mercenaries/adventurers to defend the village.. Those walls look pretty big, I bet the villagers could climb on it and shoot/throw/drop shit from there (if they just had the means/plans beforehand to get up there that is)

He should've at least tried..

Even if they would've not believed him, and had even ridiculed him.. they damn sure would've at least made sure to take him seriously every time after that.

So all in all I like my protagonist being intelligent, and making good preparations, more so than just doing stupid and reckless "cool" fighting alone.

Fed-Kun's army
Ynow I remember clearly in the flashbacks there were flying monsters attacking. What the fuck is a wall going to do about that?

Double-page supporter
Well in his past life he's a warrior not a strategist, still this is dumb af tho. At least install some AAA lol.

Dex-chan lover
@ravil you know, one cannot train intelligence, you're either dumb or not, sure you can memorize things to make you look smart but at the end that's something you are born with.

@nihilist friendly reminder that AAA actually requires someone to be smart enough to lead their shots.

Users who are viewing this thread