The Strongest Wizard Becomes a Countryside Guardsman After Taking an Arrow to the Knee

idk why but it feel like "Hey look, we get money from something that doesn't belong to us"
I can understand it for the translation/raw, but I don't agree.
And a 7.99€/month for the chapter, if it's like that I'm going to enjoy this chapter elsewhere.

"I am outraged that I'm not getting the manga I steal for free as quickly as I'd like" Do you people lack any perspective whatsoever on your own behaviour?

@Says
the going rate for japanese to english translation is around .45 per character (i'm thinking this is assuming full kanji) so it's not like the cost is not deserved, the problem is its most likely a fully edited product that irks me about this.

Group Leader
@frungy @sinner @ericbj Guys, We only put a delay on ch14.1 which is available on our site, you guys might have checked ch14.2, which we did put a patreon lock on, the patreon lock is for us to keep things going... first of all it's for buying the raws, translation and other stuffs. then it's because we need to give our patron some special advantages if you got what i said and last thing is we can speed up the translation, but there is only 4 more chaps, if you guys want we will ofc we will give our patrons the first priority and thnk you for reading

@alidan ues you are indeed right, this one was full of kanji which made the TL who was still learning japanese go crazy...

The translation is so much different than Kirei Cake's and I don't think I like it

@Spartuz
Do everyone a favor, do not put fully edited work on patreon, you might lose some subscribers, but a fully edited work paints a VERY large target on you which will wreak things for many people, if you do this, I 100% recommend just putting either a text layer, or a transparent png so they can match a raw with the translation, this is enough of a grey area that no one should come after you for it.

After checking the novel
the hero is a fckin girl???wtf it seems like he is the only male in the party, this is literally a harem manga thought it was just millet btw this is in chapter 29 in the novel in the manga it is chapter 14

@alidan, it's inappropriate behavior when you don't even have the license to the manga. This is why U.S. companies that license manga will sue the pants off of any illegal translations.

Plus, putting chapters behind a patreon paywall when you aren't even the ORIGINAL CREATOR of the manga, is very much grifter territory. It's inappropriate. It's wrong. It's the worst move you can possibly commit, legally.

@Spartuz, if you don't get this memo and check yourself before you wreck yourself, you deserve to get blacklisted. Scanlation has always been a donation-centric product, and putting "advance releases" behind a Patreon paywall is unethical, not to mention puts MangaDex in danger of legal retaliation.

P.S. I can easily report your fuckery to the original author or publisher, you know? They have email addresses. ^.^

@NKato
just giving a translation is massive grey areas, i'm unsure if a translation in this manner was even brought to court for president to even be set, and then setting the president would though all translations into question on legality, and what I mean by that is a translation as a service, not licensed translations.

however having the art behind a paywall, that's just asking for a boot in the ass, and the boot in the ass will have tons of collateral damage.

a translation and translation alone falls into a transformative grey area, where its not clear.

@alidan, correct. The easiest workaround is to not put the redrawn art behind the paywall, but the panel by panel translation script - the written transcript.

That's the only thing that makes sense to keep it from becoming a bomb that wipes out the scanlation scene.

@NKato
I would say a transparent png that you can merge with a raw would probably also be ok, as you aren't distributing the artwork, and the translation, regardless of format you get it in, falls into a grey area and largely encompasses any form you make the translation in.

Awfully active for someone who has a bad knee, i think the author is forgetting this very important fact from the title

Dex-chan lover
Do you need a good knee to do magic?
Like if you can't stand because it hurts, why not use magic to float

@kurbo because logic. I'd cut my leg off and have the little demon girl put a spell of regrowth on it. Or make a prosthetic and keep riding the magical wolf..

Alright, I read ahead in the WN. I gave it a honest chance since it is a Slice of Life but...

after 250 chapters, the MC suffers the same as Road the Kingdom. Instead of progress its a regress, mc steadily becomes more and more retarded. He is the strongest wizard but day to day interactions really take a nose dive, along with quality of writing around chapter 40. There is almost no relationship progress for a supposed harem, like none (even fucking To Love Ru has some progress). Around chapter 200 I thought there would be some progress with one of his party members as the writer went with the fake marriage troupe but nope. It went through the paces then that was it. Just a kiss to attempt to convince mommy and daddy then nothing. Millet and ViVi get no development what so ever. After the hero party is introduced Millet becomes a side character. She tries to lay it all out there but gets noise blocked and then it never comes back up.

Again gave it a honest chance because it was listed as a SoL but sadly it seems after about chapter 20(in the manga) we have very little to look forward to.

Also manga ViVi>WN ViVi way more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread