The Summer You Were There - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Memories

Fed-Kun's army
Ok, I'm low-key happy she didn't bully a kid into suicide.

But I also completely get where her anguish comes from. Putting the wrong words into your actions and not being told that's wrong... that can shatter everything you know when it's thrown back at you. I wouldn't be surprised if Shizuku legit believes she single handedly ruined Ruri's self-esteem.

@Poptop I don’t think that’s fair, you overestimate the mindset of a kid, if you get praised for something then you’ll keep doing, in fact you’ll try even harder to do it. She was definitely at fault but a child would not had known the full impact of their actions unless they were fully confronted with it. She never saw Ruri cry, and she was never told off about her actions (Saying “you’re going a bit too far” isn’t a good way of saying “What you’re doing is wrong”). The last part of your comment bothered me the most, your past actions may have led to you becoming who you are today but it does not define who you are today. Just because Shizuku did something horrible in the past does not mean that she is a horrible person. She clearly feels massive amounts of guilt over her actions, this does not negate her actions however it does give her a redeeming quality, she shouldn’t be dammed for life just because of something she did in middle/elementary school. She shouldn’t be punished now for her past actions (she had already done that to herself) she should be given a chance to change herself (which she already did in both a good and bad way) for the better

Dex-chan lover
But why did he sister lied tho? Kaori didnt only came checked on the flowers and left. She came to see Shizuku but before she could speak she was clearly told she should go home. Kind of spooky.
For a moment ive thought the girl that slapped Shizuzu might had been Kaori, but was a taller girl and didnt had a spot under the left eye.

@Poptop When i was a kid i was bullied and afterwards was the bully. Nothing major in both sceneries. The reason? We were all stupid kids trying to fit in.
We cant lump it all together. For example, theres an absurd difference between a 12yrs old kid bullying with words and a high schooler physically bullying. Obviously both are unacceptable. But are nothing alike. Now u're telling me an elementary kid should pay for her whole life for this? Didnt she paid enough for over 10 yrs?
But im not gonna say more, since ur comment seemed rather personal.

Dex-chan lover
Man, when i remember the words "The 1st and last summer we spent together" it makes me conflicted to keep reading. The story is interesting of course. But the drama is intense and to think this might really not have a happy end makes harder to continue.

thanks for the update! I'm happy I got to read another chapter of this masterpiece. I'm quite worried about the ending since for me, Kaori is obviously sick. I don't know what's going on or what's the real deal regarding her health but I'm feeling that I might need to set my heart for an emotional ride here.

Dex-chan lover
a lot of people can stand to learn from this. too many people on the internet take pride in "saying it like it is" and then blame the "sensitive snowflakes" when they get mad. it doesn't really fucking matter who you are or what your opinions are, if you are a proper human being who can empathize, you know when to not say certain things and when to shut up. this was a little kid who eventually did learn she did something wrong, and a kid is obviously going to struggle with empathy. but grown ass adults struggle with this concept online

Ugh I hate this, I'm over thinking so much over this, No I hate this feeling no

Hm.

On the one hand, what Shizuku did was really, really bad. No way around it.
But on the other, if the other kids wanted to stop it they should have just said so. She wasn't doing it on purpose, she just thought she would help Ruri by openly saying what the others were all talking about behind her back anyway. So honestly they are also at fault.
Most importantly, its not like Shizuku just brushes aside what happened. She never intended to bully her in the first place, and now the guilt of it is literally destroying her.
I do wonder what exactly Asaka wants though.
And I really need to know what that letter said.

The girl who slapped Shizuku, where was she before things got this bad, she clearly knew how things were between them, not justifying what Shizuku did but it looks to me like all the kids were just waiting for an opportunity to kick her down seeing as how they jumped on the “she must have pushed Ruri down intentionally” train so quickly, nobody not even Ruri herself ever told Shizuku about Ruri’s frail health and from her view it looked like Ruri was always taking advantage of her because she was always being “kind” to her. It’s easy to just blame Shizuku for everything that happened but every single person surrounding those two are just as equally to blame, especially the adults.

That was pretty bad of Shizuku, she never bothered to ask or listen why Ruri was like that. One thing I know is apologizing even after years have passed would allow both people to feel better and move on and I'm speaking from my own experience.

damn i thought she was over exaggerating but she rlly was just a bitch huh

Users who are viewing this thread