The Survival Story of the Sword King in Another World - Ch. 57

Dex-chan lover
I hope the kid dies, I don't hate him but I think it would be better if he dies. Also he got stabbed in the heart, or really close to it.

Fed-Kun's army
@Doomer the last few panels of the other teammates were probably during or a bit after the mc won in the arena so they might've not been informed of his release- its also not like he could also send word of the deal made.

Dex-chan lover
I have a mixed feeling abt Zhang, but i think it's better for him to be dead.. what do the author want to use him for anyway? to convert hanbin? Zhang's shit speech and ideology is that of a beta jp mc lmao, how could he be a chinese. The ability to kill when push comes to shove is way more preferable than going into savior syndrome path.

So many people either wanting the idealistic guy to die or not, while here I am trying to guess if the goddesses just set MC up so that they can use him to get rid of the heroes they created.

In fairness, the goddesses and the god that summoned Earthlings (maybe same faction, you never know) are assholes, the heroes are home defenders turned desperate assholes who want immortality as their gift, the Great Earth people are idiots who turned from invaders to loyal dogs to the heroes. And then there is MC crew with their slice of life ever expanding female casts.

Dex-chan lover
What a cop out. Damn, I was hyped for this too. Yet, it went from what I was expecting would be a badass scene, to another excuse for the MC to act like an idiot, this one likely impactful enough to last most of the story I'm imagining. Granted he didn't know him long, but still. MC's usual ahuehue dumbass demeaner'll probably take root for a long time again, unlike the cool moments we were having recently.

Double-page supporter
@0000000 Does Atisse count towards the ever expanding female cast?

If anything this series has been pretty even on the male to female ratio.
Han-Bin - Male
Ephyr - Female
Atisse - something
Maiden - Female
Zhang Louxin - Male

So depending on how you categorize Atisse would sway your view point.

For the villains and the side characters those have been pretty balanced as well.

The four heroes are 2 men and 2 women
Of the people we know from Great Earth there are 3 men and 1 woman so far (not including the mob characters that die almost instantly).
The only Dark Brotherhood who has gotten a decent amount of exposure was a male although there have been a few females shown here and there like the old lady from a few chapters back.

I mean if unless you are looking for a 100% male cast then I don't really see the "ever expanding female cast" as being a problem in this series.

Double-page supporter
Mother fucker, the amount of cliff hanger the author gave us on what happened to Han Bin. I was wondering how they were going to deal with that Chinese otherworlder, but it looks like the author took care of it by the looks of it from last chapter. This is the first time Han Bin killed an innocent, I wonder how he's gonna deal with this.

Double-page supporter
@degenerateafro they clearly categorize Atisse as male, and Atisse refers to himself as a male and everything else. It's not a matter of how you categorize Atisse, they already did categorize him within the manhwa. I think a lot of people also don't consider Ephyr as a "true" female because she was originally a wyvern, and maiden can be considered just a side character since she won't be traveling with the main protagonists. So maybe that's why a lot of people feel that there aren't that many female characters. Usually when mangas or manhwas are made, there's usually one main lead male protagonist and one main lead female protagonist, but this manhwa has two male main lead protagonists, so that can give an overwhelming feeling of lack of females and why people feel it's that way.

Double-page supporter
@kamishiniyari I agree, even Atisse has shown to be able to make tough decisions of having others die if that's the best decision, and our MC is definitely someone with a really dark history, so I don't see how savior complex will really be a good trope for any of the main characters.

Users who are viewing this thread