The Twin Siblings’ New Life - Ch. 17

Aggregator gang
More bonding ig? Idk why but I find the Emperor's face to be kinda funny lol

Dex-chan lover
Even based off what he said to that maid, these two should know that there was an assassination attempt

....send them to Eiji's place: surely, with both of them there, his palace will become impenetrable 😅

Dex-chan lover
How old are the twins again? Like I know their 5 in this life but they lived to their teens in a previous life right, so wouldn't they be like 20 mentally? Wouldn't they be able to pick things up a bit or something? I hope that whole previous lives thing actually comes into play at some point, so far not seeing the point.

I'm guessing they do have a guardian, and it keeps teleporting them right? That seems to be the case.

Double-page supporter
@Xeredge They are so used to servants treating them badly that they probably just thought the disappearing servants and the fact they were blamed the multiple times they just walked out while the servants were absent was just the servants neglected them and their duties, again. They are so used to not being of any value I don't think assassination attempts would have occurred to them until just now. After all, the previous servants frequently beat and starved them, it they didn't have the royal healing ability and were ordinary children, they would probably be dead already. With servants like that, who needs assassins?

@r3naknyght This whole schtick about being reborn into a child's body, commonly if they want to expand on those childhood years for the bulk of the story authors tend to make the 'adult-children' with lowered emotional control. This could explain how these two, although able to think clearly and maturely, are caught up in emotion driving most of their actions. This case causing them to focus on their trauma to an extent where they ignore signs around them in an immature way.

The whole reborn thing in this kind of isekai is more so a plot device to allow a more clearer narrative - it's more relatable and easy to understand an adults point of view instead of the story being told from the view of actual kids. It usually doesn't give them an advantage other than being a genius early on, but it seems with this story's setting of OP imperial family members, what would normally be seen as genius is actually subpar.

But if an author skips this time in childhood, or are writing an OP type of manga the reborn will be averagely aware or beyond depending. And of course useful reborn abilities are bound to be there, especially if the genre has adventure.

More like, you take a teen who's not adult yet, move it into a child's even more undeveloped body; what do you get? A child with experience.
Brains don't even finish developing until the age of 26, which means they can't possibly even function or think like a proper adult even in their original bodies.
You can't just lump the years they've been alive and add it on as a sort of mental age... you have to think of their brains' current development if you want to go down into technicalities.
But then again, Idk if that's what this author has in mind or not, I just don't think it makes sense otherwise.

Plus, being an abused victim their brain is heavily impacted more than you think. Still not sure how deeply the author is thinking about things, I do like overthinking things myself...

Dex-chan lover
@Aniryu For the most part, I'm inclined to assume the new bodies people end up in for stories like this definitely play a big part in their behaviour just from how most of the authors end up writing the characters. Whether it's specifically mentioned in the story or not, it's clearly a thing that comes through in most of the characterizations for reincarnations like this. Otherwise, there wouldn't be at least one person complaining about how childish the MCs are considering their past life and experiences. The creators might not be thinking that deeply on it, but they write and draw these characters that look like kids and perhaps they're unconsciously applying at least a bit of childishness to the characters in the process.

Group Leader
Why would someone sent an assassin after them? They basically have no worth.

@aodpds711
Remember the nobles that were punished for talking shit about the emperor's family?
I would assume the attempt was made by similar people who believed that their existence would either cause the country to be looked at as weak or thought that by getting rid of them the money issue that was brought up would be solved

Fed-Kun's army
I still wonder why he's paying attention to them now. I still don't see why he would take notice or did I just distort my own memory lol ???

@Glomoro
That's true, isn't it? It helps as a reader to adapt to the author's imagination somehow, too. But it's especially hard for me in Manhwas if a child acts grown-up, compared to novels and such lol, because of the visual feedback. Like you said though, it's more common that they act a bit childish.

At 5 kids are still cuddly so I would totally destroy their room just so I get cuddles lol. I mean the other kids like grew up super quick. When else will he have the chance?! He’s missed years of cuddles with his adorable children.

Users who are viewing this thread