The Twin Siblings’ New Life - Ch. 29

I agree with people here, they totally don't act like their (actual) age, what's the point of getting isekai'd if they still act like sentimental kids... don't make useless isekai set up in the first place.

Moreover they ate words from stranger but can't even talk properly and acted with full insecurities to the people who actually kind to them (aka their family), they are seriously a dumbass.

People are complaining about them not acting their mental age but like they still got abused? They're physically little kids that got horribly abused and I don't think 'being mentally older' means they can get over that.

For those dissing these kids for acting immature, you should really read about chronic trauma and psychological defense mechanism (specifically regression, repression, isolation, and projection). These will explain a lot of things lol

Dex-chan lover
Not sure why they trust the brat with the evil grin, but I kinda get why they don't trust royals.

I'm enjoying this story, so thanks a bunch for the updates!

I understand the whole mental age thing, but regardless, if you're treated like a child and abused, I doubt you're going to be able to ignore that calmly like a 'mature' adult, and simply get used to a royal life that you were never used to begin with. Anyways, you'd be surprised what a fine line between an 'adult' mind and a 'child' mind can be at times, since children can be mature, and adults can be childish.

Regardless, I hope they have something good happen to them, after having an evil mother, and being tricked by a sneaky kid, which I suppose they trust since he's the only one they know other than the royals, and that doesn't mean they 100% trust him, but they're asking for information they can't exactly go up to the King or their brothers and ask about.

Finally, their guardian!

And I knew that child was scum, well I think all of us did. But to see them get hurt so bad... Sigh ;-;
I hope they don't run away. Feeling as if they shouldn't exist, when they don't realize how treasured they already are.
Just wanna give those lovely babies a warm hug.

im so thankful that they are actually 23yr olds coz if they really are small children idk how they could have handled things better

Double-page supporter
This story basically falls into the troupe of "redundant isekai element."

This story would have make more sense if there was no isekai involved, like the monster duchess. Heck, even the MC in monster duchess has better brains and guts than these (mentally older) two despite being of the same genre of tragic MCs. The arguments I'm seeing is that their mental age regressed due to the abuses? Then again, why bothered with Isekai at all if that's the case? The only reason I'm seeing for the isekai element is just to garner attention unless the author has something in store for the future which I really doubt it.

And honestly, what were they expecting the book to say about them??

Meo

Dex-chan lover
The isekai at this point is totally moot. It is ruining their character for me. They don't really use any modern date knowledge, they're in emotional turmoil based solely on the fact they weren't mentioned in the history books. Their mother was such a horrible person, they should've suspected her keeping the father apart. They go trust this stranger (the sister may have hots for this kid), while not trusting the naive and innocent Eiji. Even if they don't like their father, they should adore their brothers. I mean...they do realize their brothers are like in 10-17 (?). Mentally younger than them. Their brothers probably didn't even know they exist. But they're suspected for no reason. Serious prejudice here.

Their actions would be so much more forgiving if they were little children.

I know it supposed to be that hard to accept everything but i hope they would laugh it off already. They are 23 year old inside, Isekai-d twins, they are in abandoment in 5 year and i think they are already used to ANY BULLSHIT people throw at them and they can judge people. Meet that mf one more time kids, and i hope you can treat him the same as ishina. Get him on his knees and place.
My comment are a mess.
I just want them to slap everyone in the face and stop being wishy washy.

what'₹s the point of being adults in your previous life mentioned when you cant even act as one in your current life. really they just act like a little kid, when they've suffered a cruel life since their born.

Fed-Kun's army
That son of a bitch! Also the isekai thing is really useless here. Taking the isekai out would not change anything in the story.

Wow! The evil kid is sure having fun with this little story session!
Now I wish I was evil so I could enjoy it just as much!

honestly they act between 5 and 23, theres a mature understanding that they were essentially abandoned and skepticism towards a sudden loving family
however they are developmentally 5 and were abused, so theres a visceral reaction when you hear that your existence isn’t acknowledge in a book about your family

Dex-chan lover
mr. red riding hood is on the scene
also I think the isekai is fine. it adds to their vocabulary, it would be off to- it's a writer's choice. how little words, how complex they can be add to the age of the child. the isekai theme usually "lightens" the load and makes it easy to tell the story. but it's a valid excuse because it's just a different type of perspective. another world reincarnation can get annoying when it becomes a superior aspect to their character. if I HAD to examine this chapter from a different perspective, rather than the whole monologue which is "mature" and being able to put emotions into words. shorts lapses like "so we're not family." "I know but-" it's simpler and requires the reader to infer that it's not literal. not only that in this type of comic style, which doesn't usually portray a child's perspective, even in third person or omnipotent view, the art would have to up the anty because most of the story would be told through body language.
the reincarnation is a legitimate excuse to properly express the struggles the two a going through, AND this is an adaptation, so it add to the fact that most of the story would be written. the two have a lot to say, and thankfully the comic helps the reader understand it from our own "mature perspective". common background usually gives ground, to make the character empathetic even if who they are't relatable

Users who are viewing this thread