The Twin Siblings’ New Life - Ch. 35

Really it's piss me off they never listen are they they listen to another nonsense but doesn't want listen to the reason and truth I'm getting fed up with this siblings

@degenerateafro yeah I definitely agree that the twins still have absolutely no common sense. I also looked back at the first chapter and realized everyone thinks their mental age should be 25 bc the twins explicitly said it lolol. but their logic is pretty obviously faulty so I just wish I could stop seeing people complain about that one thing

I also don't think their past life has anything to do with the story. it seems just like a gimmick to get readers interested. maybe it was supposed to explain why they try to rely on logic more than the average five year old? (not that trying to use logic matters anyway in their case, they aren't good at it)

I kinda do have to commend them for the only but of intelligence they might have retained from their past life, which is keeping the maid who doesn't bother lying to them around, even if they never use that to their advantage

@degenerateafro you said EXACTLY what was on my mind. I would be able to enjoy this story if they were actual 5 year olds with slightly enhanced intelligence because they're of royal blood. They don't need to be literal issekai-d adults to have an awareness. The world has already established that those of royal lineage have these powers that age them up. They could have just used that logic to explain why they understand so much even as kids.

Their behaviour is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE for someone in their 20s. I thought Arjen finally said something sensible a few chapters ago but all that went down the drain. Who cares if they love them or not? They're being treated like royalty here, can have anything they want, are very well protected etc etc. They're both adults & have each other. They literally don't need to get all emo over their issekai family not loving them enough.
Also yes, if they had been abused & abandoned in their previous life or had died as kids or had just experienced any kind of betrayal I would understand. They are way too jaded for a bunch of 20+ year olds & have not used their knowledge from being issekai-d at all.

They did not need the reincarnation setting at all. This could have easily been like the monster Duchess and contract Princess. It would be sooo much more enjoyable if they were actual 5 year olds.
The fact that they even trust Duke Rosea but not the 2nd Prince who has saved their lives twice shows they are dumb kids, not adults, which is the problem with this story 🤦🏻‍♀️

They're so distrustful and think the emperor is going to abandon/kill them/want them dead so uhh.. why do they act even more cold and distant?????? That is something only kids would do. They're much older mentally and should honestly be doing their best to get on the emperor's "good side" so that they don't get abandoned again. They're acting way too haughty and cold for a bunch of (mentally 20+) 5 year olds who have absolutely NOTHING. This is when their issekai-d brains need to to tell them to do things that'll help them suck up to the emperor and make the royal family LIKE them so that they can live comfortably

Fed-Kun's army
I haven’t read the chapter yet, but seeing all the outrage here makes me think it is time to drop this. I might come back later if I can’t resist my curiosity.

I agree with a lot of the points that other people have raised here. The isekai setting was pretty pointless, though I guess it is to make the readers not questioning why the children could talk and think unlike normal children. But as the others have also pointed out, this can already be explained by them having the royal blood, which makes them grow faster.

It’s also annoying to see misunderstanding after another misunderstanding. Have they ever heard of this nifty thing called “communication”? A misunderstanding once on a while is fine, sometimes even comical, but a string of misunderstandings is just tiresome. It is annoying to see all the problems and none of the satisfying solutions.

Oh, the telepathy thing is also never explained or so much as alluded in the story. It is like the coolest thing the twin could do.

Hohoho so the kids r of imperial blood and not human too lol this is interesting
Yesss yesss keep it coming 😍

Dex-chan lover
@Rubbiccino They are adults crammed in to a child brain, not an adult brain crammed in to a child. Anything that relies on chemical balance when it comes to the brain still takes 20+ years to develop. Which is why, when it comes to stories like these, all children wear their emotions on their sleeves, like all kids do. Only one that I can think of that doesn't do this is The beginning of the end. All the Korean ones, all the same since that's how kids behave.

Now, I still agree with you to an extent, but ye, brains are complicated.

@Chet31 but that's exactly the point that you got wrong. When it comes to stories like this & also in general, they can create settings like reincarnated 20+ year olds AND have them retain that intelligence. That is what every story of this type does. They also show that they struggle to fight off the symptoms of having a child's body but nevertheless, they retain the common sense of an adult. Common sense has nothing to do with chemical balance. They can wear their emotions on their sleeve like children but still think logically

Dex-chan lover
@Rubbiccino Yeah, they keep their intelligence, but anything that requires emotions are amplified by X, rational thinking also goes out the window.

I agree that some of the stuff is dumb, but I for one cannot imagine going through what they went through until Rurahel died, so who knows what that does to ones psyche.

You should blame the stupid author for their bad behavior and way of thinking, they're victims here.

@Rubbiccino adults that have faced years of neglect and abuse/trauma have behaved similarly with fully formed brains, much less children. but i'll trust you with your baccalaureate in psychology and masters in creative writing and storytelling about how the characters should act

Double-page supporter
@Chet31 I wouldn't really compare this to series like Beginning after the End. Beginning after the end is more of a power fantasy while this is a drama that tries to be psychological.

If anything it is more like Who Made me a Princess or Monster Duchess and the Contract Princess, but the big difference between those series and this one is that they at least explain the origins of their trauma. You get an idea of their past life which made them the way they are. You aren't left guessing as to why they might react more childishly than the apparent age in those series because you better understand the circumstances. To be fair the lack of communication problem also happens a bit in Who Made Me a Princess, but it's much more understandable there since the person you are interacting with is also the person most likely to kill you.

This series, on the other hand, doesn't even attempt to explain the twins past life. You don't get to understand how who they were in the past affects how they act currently. Honestly the whole reincarnation angle is superfluous to the story and becomes more of a distraction and detracting factor overall. If I wanted to compare it to something more directly it would be Ascendance of a Bookworm where you have a fully grown adult acting like a spoiled brat because she can't read books to the point where she almost dies multiple times in pursuit of something irrational. But even with that one you know that she loved books to the point that she died the first time because of them. So her almost dying multiple times in the second life is more understandable.

In this series I think it wouldn't be judged so harshly if it wasn't a story about reincarnation and instead was the story about two abused twins trying to get adjusted to a new lifestyle. Either that or at least give us more information about their previous life that ties into how they are acting currently.

Double-page supporter
I wonder if Ruhael lost that power the moment she gave birth to the twins, which would make sense why she kept saying "if it wasn't for you two..."

Also ughhh the misunderstandings continue. Which means Jason is sill dying

The plot thickens!
Does anyone know of a Korean mythological creature that could explain what the mom was?

Thanks for another update :)

Users who are viewing this thread