The Twin Siblings' New Life

Cute at first, then the plot comes to a standstill because the main characters are ridiculously stupid, trust obvious villains and refuse to trust people trying to help them. I've dropped it.

Like half the plot is them trying to figure out why they were abandoned, but it's clear from chapter one that their abusive mother's an evil conniving bitch.
And they get reunited with the family after her death.
I just have no patience for the characters taking twenty chapters to figure out stuff I figured out by chapter two.

I agree with a lot of the posters here. They are supposed to be adolescents/adults (16-20 y/o?) in a child's body. Sure, experiencing the abuse in a child's body is horrible, but the fact that they had each other (someone whom they can trust and could thoroughly understand what the other had gone through) and that they had already survived similar abuse in the past should have made them more resilient this time around. I would have expected them to become evil little minxes instead of becoming stupid brats. They reject the other children and never even thought that these were actually children with older bodies, the complete opposite of them. Instead, these children have behaved far more mature than they have. I understand them trusting the maid and the abused kid, but I really don't understand their idiocy when it comes to the duke and his son. They also know how much the 2nd prince is protecting them yet they pay no heed to it and just accept it as their due. Really now, you're making a real kid in an adult's body overexert themselves to the point of illness just so you adolescent/adult twins can play at being stupid kids. 🙄

If you forget the reincarnation part it becomes pretty readable. Honestly, it isn't used at all and not needed.

Maybe the frustration i feel in reading this comes from how easy the problem can be solved if they just act more HUMAN, I guess. The father is emotionally detached to an agonizing degree, to the point that you'd question how he raised the other children for them to end up being close-knit.

Just don't even try to consider the MCs being adults in mind. It'll put a strain to your brain more so. Their naivete is equal to that of their physical body's age.

IF THEY'D JUST TALK ABOUT F E E L I N G S, EVERYTHING WOULD BE SOLVED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Took a break for a few months to see if reading it in a big chunk would make it better. It actually makes it worse. To paraphrase myself:

It's honestly hard to keep reading when you go from the beginning where the twins are righteously angry at their abuse and neglect to the father just getting a free pass on being a neglectful piece of shit. While the mother physically abused them he was complicit in it and also heaped on the emotional abuse through neglect. I mean, fuck me, not even the maids who abused the kids get punished. What about the one who threw a vase at a fucking three year old and scarred him for life (only because he has a healing factor otherwise he'd be dead)? The fact they have memories of their previous lives makes it even more fucking unbelievable.

It's also repugnant how the power dynamic is entirely on the familys side, they literally just tell them "Oh well wasnt interested in you before but now that I am your condition matters" and they expect the twins to be touched by it? Come on. They even underscore it with "Oh so you guys managed to survive?"

That said it's somewhat amusing to see the same complaints that seem to miss the point. Specifically about them being "dumb". They act their age, which is about 10. They didn't transmigrate, they were reincarnated i.e. they are new people with the memories of their old lives. Which explains why they're oddly mature but at the same time they are still just children. People aren't flesh robots, the hormonal balance alone would throw you off never mind trying to reconcile what is basically a long dream with your current new existence. Every one of these stories always has plenty of "Oh my, why aren't they acting like the cold rational creature of logic that I am? Lowly human failings disgust me!" in the comments. That's before you even get into the years of abuse. The mentally breaks adults in the real world how do you expect it to affect children with messed up ersatz "grown up" personalities?

The problem with this is not that the kids aren't super smart emotionless sociopaths. It's that it's poorly written.

I think the story is readable if this is not about reincarnation. Their mental age should be better than this.

tbh i just find the twins kinda dumb :p but it’s fine i guess

i would describe this as “good not great” - dwight k. shrute

Reading these comments are more Exhausting then reading this story. Given some have valid points but to expect children to be mature and act adults is absurd. They are children, yes they have some of their memories which is why they are as mature as they are now but they are still children. They are going through the same emotional unstable hormonal shit we’ve went through all over again, not to mention years of absue that would break an adult in the real world. Plus they know nothing of this world so might as well be newborns

I think one issue for a lot of people (myself included) and what others can over look is that the author is making a big narrative mistake. In most stories with this sort of situation, the author makes a point of stating what the mental state of that character is. If they're mature and have their memories, then they act that way most of the time and any time they act out of character they make mention of it themselves (ex: Lady Baby, The Youngest Princess). If on the other hand the actual age of the body takes over and they merely have their memories but act like children, that's how it goes (sorry, can't think of examples atm). But that's not how it's been in this story. There are moments where the twins act very mature, like they're in their mid to late twenties, and then there's moments when they act like 5 year olds (yes, younger than their body age). There is no set maturity, it keeps bouncing around and that adds to the level of confusion and eventual frustration for some readers. I get that some people either don't see this, or don't mind it, but for myself it's a major frustration that keeps bothering me.

Story is ok, but there isn't an explanation to why the brothers care so much about the twins. It feels a little unrealistic to be so lovey-dovey to people you just met. I started reading this manga after reading "Monster Duchess and the Contract Princess" and it's such a stark contrast in the development of relationships. World building is decent, but character development an relationship development is somewhat lacking in this web comic.

@lolawhiterabbit The problem is the isekai element of them supposedly being mentally 25. The story would be a lot better without it since that element isn't really significant in my opinion. Not only that but the author doesn't set a standard of maturity that causes some character inconsistencies with the twins. The author could have done something like "Monster Duchess and the Contract Princess" where the trauma matured them, which would allow for maturity discrepancies to be more tolerable.

This series blows. Every single sense of immersion is completely ruined by them flaunting their 'mental age of 25' bullshit, I should've seen it coming when they claimed that 18+5 equals 25 anyhow. Do NOT read this if you are expecting a smart MC pair who wheathers their time in the imperial palace, because despite the description that is NOT what you are signing up for. If you want half-assed pity-points and braindead character bases, then this series may be a calling of sorts for you!

The most frustrating thing about all of this
Is that this story gets 8* when it's objectively barely 6*
It's not better than your average isekai power fantasy, but those are getting 5-6
And this one is on 8

This is one of those stories where you turn your brain off and just read if you focus on the plot it’ll make you cringe

@ Tsunamic I understand but if we are thinking realistically how long do memories last in our minds? Eventually we start to forget as time pass by or blur some of them, you are thinking that they are 25 yr old in kids bodies, that would be true if they were transported into the kids bodies but no they were reincarnated. They are children w/ some of their past memories. Which is why they are as mature as they are now. Also being abused as a group does not make the trauma any less severe or more palpable, this is from experience, trauma is trauma regardless of its shared. However I do agree that them trusting the Duke and his son or any outsiders that aren’t royalty is the dumbest bc realizing how others view them, I feel like they should be in alert and untrustworthy of everyone. I mean they just started trusting the maid after some time so why not be as cautious w/ everyone else. My issues are not w/ the rest of the children since it’s explained that they are just children in mind w/ grown bodies. My issues is w/ the King and his neglect.

Double-page supporter
I wish they talked more about their previous life

MCs don't act in their mental age like you would expect.
They are so immature and pathetic, no creativity at all.
They must have been spoiled in their previous life that they act their age and situation so well like you would expect of a child.

I might like the story if you tell me they didn't reincarnated.
Reading this is so frustrating.

@lolawhiterabbit I just really don't like the Isekai portion of the story and feel like it's unnecessary. It doesn't add a lot to the story and the things based on it could have been developed better through different means.

Users who are viewing this thread