The Twin Siblings' New Life

Reading this again made me want to throw up.
Putting the mentality issue aside with them being young adults, it is most likely that there are countless mangas, manhuas and manhwas that have people reincarnate and have the mental capacities of adults so we have just come to expect that. That being said, this is still written horribly and unnaturally drawn out. I unironically think the isekai tag was tossed on to lure unsuspecting suckers in for clicks.

These twins are so damn entitled. First and foremost they arent owe anything. Not only do the royal family go out of their way for them in ways that are insanely unreasonable and dangerous, but these little clowns also take it for granted like they are owed it. They are lucky they are even living in the royal palace. They were abused and I know this is going to sound cold, but so what? So what if they were abused? That doesn't entitle them to such excessively special treatment. The prince and emperor go out of their way and put the empire in danger fr these little annoying brats. It's infuriating. What have they done for the emperor to treat them in the way he does? He's either a completely random and impulsive character or its plot convenience cuz mc duhhr.

If the two protags just drank a bottle of bleach and offed themselves, I would have a newfound respect for the author.

Oh and don't even get me started on narrative consistency. It's stuck between "Empire good" and "REEEEE Empire bad" and somewhere in the middle and shifts at random. Also, so many things lack details to feel real, like they were put in as devices at that time with zero thoughts of consistency. I'm hardly a great writer myself, but if you gave me this story, I would fix a ton of the dumb sttuff.

So many anger in these comments which is enough to wake me up from my lazy morning. 😂

I agree, these entitled kids are dumb, because they're not kids, they're reincarnated adults ( ̄ω ̄;) also, the emperor is not abandoning them...

haha what the hell,
dude came in saved the kids then got stabbed in the back because he was talking mid fight? What an absolute dumbass.

"Arjen" and "Arien" strike me as funny names because, though I am absolutely certain it wasn't the author's intent, "Arjen" makes me think of "Argent," and "Arien" of "Arian." Argent many people would probably know is silvery, but arian, from Welsh (Specifically, because it has other meanings in other languages), can translate to silver. So even though it wouldn't have been intentional, these two with golden hair were almost named "Silver" and "Silver."

This manhwa has been on my “plan to read” list for awhile now and I have yet to pick it up. I planned on reading it today but the comments make me question whether to read this manhwa at all.. It has a high rating, almost an 8 at the time of writing this comment but there is so much complaints about the twins, obviously they are the main characters so i’ll be seeing a lot of them, and that makes me wonder if this is just going to be a waste of my time? I don’t know what to believe, the rating or the comments lol.

Aaaghhh read head is talking too much... i hope he and the twins gonna be alright....

@Booden LMAO UR COMMENT AHAHHAHAA it ain't wrong though ;;;

//

i dunno where the plot will be heading to but as of now everything is just so chaotic i hope everything will makes sense later on . .

AND I HOPE I'LL BE SEEING MORE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT :mad: especially on them twins everyone is hurting bcs of them *deep sigh*

so yeah, the twins are kinda dumb (re:
intentionally isolate themselves due to their past trauma of being abused and turned on by the people who were supposed to care for them, and like they have no character growth because of how badly handled/written that particular plot device was
) however, their paranoia(? which is very randomly assigned, though I believe the author may have done that to show that they are still naive) which gives way to their avoidance of those who they feel will hurt them (re:
the staff at the old palace, then the royals, etc)
is still really irritating, because, surely one of these hawk eyed supporting characters who are supposedly super skilled should be able to recognize that these children are traumatized. Not knowing how to care for children would only work if none of the adults caring for them were never children themselves- which we all know is bullshit.

Honestly, I'm only reading this for the red haired guy (fox?wolf?), but I feel like the conflicts of this manhwa are first draft material and not really polished final draft worthy. There's potential, but with how meandering the plot is and how redundant the conflict is
(if people would just communicate, like if ishina, the incredibly trustworthy royal maid, told any one of the royals that she doesnt think the twins want to leave, or that the duke was assaulting the fuckin empress, a bunch of the conflicts would be solved, but)
we aren't quite there yet.

This manhwa is very hard to read. Tragic Backstory doesn't justify you acting as an entitled piece of shit. Does the reincarnation tag even mean anything if the author will only give them intelligence when it's convenient? At this point reincarnation is just a plot device to make the twins capable of speech higher than a 5 years old. First of all, you can feel the entitlement oozing from both of the main characters. Yes, you were born into an abusive household, Yes it must be traumatizing and hard. But do you really need to act that way to your saviour? You were given a new life filled with good food, luxury and riches. Your new family is clearly doting on you and got angry for your behalf, they protected you from bullies and other nobles, one of them literally is in a constant critical state to protect you with magic, and you had the audacity to say that you don't trust them? Everyone got their own problems and to make those problem as a plot problem caused by misunderstanding is just lazy. Everything seemed easy to solve if you all just talk, oh wait, the twins doesn't trust the royal family, even the one who put his life on line for your protection? This is just horrid.

Let's talk about trust. How to trust people 101. First you disregard everyone who cares for you. Given good food, clothes and protection? Nah man, hidden agenda cannot trust at all prob wanna kill us, talking is probably overrated too. Why shold we trust them? Let's trust this person we just met. Facts? Do we really need to confirm it ourself? Let's just trust him. He must have no hidden agendas unlike those disgusting royal family.

If you are going to read this manga, chances are you are going to dislike the 2 main characters. They were not properly written like a person which have a previous memories, nor do they were written like an actual child characters. The most thing you would feel is probably hatred to the entitled children who felt like the world actually owed something to them.

Bad story, bad characters, bad plot can still be enjoyable as long as it fullfils the expectation of what it should be. This is just not a fulfilling experience to read as it masks an actual selfish characters as something readers should emphatize. I hope others could find something great in this manhwa to continue reading as i couldn't.

3/10

I'm starting to lose my patience with this manhwa... sigh.. we're almost 50 chapters in
but there's still no improvement in the relationship between the children, their father and the guardian fox. it's honestly getting frustrating to read... such a shame cos I had high hopes in the beginning

This manhwa is, without a doubt, badly written. However, I find it fascinating how easily some of you victim blame these clearly traumatised children lmao. I highly recommend some of you revaluate how you see abuse victims; what trauma truly does to a person's mind, regardless of age and what "entitlement" really means. Just some food for thought.

I think the author really need to decide if his main characters are kids With memory of adults or adults in kids body. Its really not helping the story that everytime i see them act naive i remember that "hey aint u like 28 or something". Thats my only issue with this story now. My issues before kinda make sense now but yeah. If that part about their actual mental age is clarified i think this would be more clearer.

@Senzensen I agree 💯
I think the only reason people keep trying to defend the twins is because they wanna seem better than the people that have logical reasons to dislike the twins. People keep using the traumatic abusive upbringing over and over again as if that's a solid reason to act stupid 😂 the whole reason I stopped reading was because of how dumb the twins were being. I also hate how they don't even ask the king his reasoning for anything he's done so far. They just make up shit on their own

Are they children or are they adults? Like pick one cause it’s getting hella annoying. 🤦🏻‍♀️ You’d think as adults they would try to understand or think more about the situation or the what if’s but no, all I see is them somehow reverting back to being a brainless child with traumatic issues regarding their birth. This overly dramatic misunderstanding is getting old and boring. 😒

Users who are viewing this thread