The Undefeatable Swordsman - Ch. 42

@solipsist They sent people to "punish" his daughter in the past when she left and they nearly killed her, causing her to suffer for well over a decade almost to the point of dying. I would be a tad upset if I was him knowing my own clan members nearly killed my daughter.

You keep talking about this "murder-hobo" gene. Remember that the main character is only 20 (maybe 21 by now, I don't really know or care much) and has never had anyone educate him much less teach him morals throughout his adolescence and likely his childhood. His mother was bedridden, and his father was likely too busy providing for his son and wife with the inn. Now that he is involved in the martial arts world, which he has only ever heard (and witnessed personally) is a nasty and vicious place where you or your loved ones can be made a victim at the drop of a hat can you really blame him? Not to mention he is now being guided, albeit fairly loosely, by his loose-cannon of a grandfather.

Additionally, up until now I believe he has only harmed or killed those who have sought to kill him, his family, or his employer thus far and does give ample warning before taking action. So I don't think murder-hobo is quite accurate. In most cases I would call it "self-defense hobo" if anything.

Users who are viewing this thread