The Unsuccessful yet Academically Unparalleled Sage ~A Cheating S-Rank Sorcerer's Post-Rebirth Adventurer Log~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 2.3

so... he's op in a nerfed world, not the first time i've seen this type

@Kurogawa Not Mathias because Mathias body cannot reproduce his full power, so while he is indeed op Mathias is still at a beatable level. This one seems to be able to use his full power from the get go. Although Mathias would probably stomp him if he had not his current limitation(after all he was so OP even back at his time, that he was treated as a god)

Dex-chan lover
And this is where the manga can finally stop with the idiotic trope, and let mc actually tell his own family about the state of things. So he can get the information he needs, the freedom to do stuff he needs, and to not be pitied or scorned by at the very least his closest family.

Double-page supporter
I call it now.
I bet that people have become lazy in studying magic compared to 400 years prior because they now have that compatability test.

In the past everyone did whatever they could to advance in magic while not knowing if they were even compatible with the magic they practiced.
As a result they put in far more effort and invented unusual ways to advance even with bad compatability.

But after that test was developed people simply took on the mindset "Well, I cannot advance more than this because of my limited compatability with magic" or they did not even try learning to use magic because they think "My compatability is not even mediocre so I should spend my time learning something else.".

This resulted in the level of skill in magic declining over the ages.

As such the test that was supposed to advance the magic research and optimize learning magic actually backfired on the humans.
😝

Same thing is happening in our society, we have now cars, elevators, working behind a desk, people has never been in so bad shape as before.

@Talh
I don't think its about lazyness, there should have been some problem that made the inheritance of the higher class magics to be lost or erased....

@Seink

maybe cuz people only train just one element then in some time they lack of people in one element or no one in that element could reach high tier then they start to lose high tier spell in some element and that keep happening repeatedly many time till it's left just low tier now

Aggregator gang
Ephtal in his old life must've been a shining beacon of hope for many mages who weren't given a chance to attend the other 4 schools, so when he died after the discovery of elemental aptitude, the people who were talented at research but poor on aptitude were repressed and forced to quit and those without talent yet have good aptitude were put in pedestals.
Elitism created by the test might have become the downfall of magic research.

I would've loved some world building and exploration in the eyes of the MC in a world of new technologies but nooooo
The author went tried and thriving overused wh**ed path where he is OP and the world got nerfed *le sigh

Fed-Kun's army
After 400 years, magic kind of downgrade. Something smells fishy. Either there is demon interfering or this is parallel world with lower magical sense

Group Leader
This story is similar to how phones keep getting bigger over the years instead of smaller. 400 years later we will be driving big rigs around and calling those "Mobile Phones"

Dex-chan lover
well yeah something isn't right
your mom is fkin hot milf like that and your dad prefer the other wife, that isn't right!

Dex-chan lover
@Seink , @Woodfolk : my guess is the focusing on their aptitudes cost them fundamentals basics and habits that are learned from studying all elements that are needed for the higher tier spells. Only taking the easiest path causing them to not be able to advance beyond the point you aptitude covers for them.

Users who are viewing this thread