The Villainess Is Retiring - Vol. 1 Ch. 10

This is funny! The King of Wyvern easily tamed by her? After killing one of their kin? What an alluring lady...

From a stranger's perspective MC's like a witch that can suddenly burn logs and became Daenarys 2.0

Aggregator gang
Wow she is attracting a little too much attention. Feels like the royal family will pester her more

Dex-chan lover
Love the chapter!

Also, I don't know if you guys were having trouble finding an equivalent English phrase for "poisoned chalice", but what about using the English phrase "poisoned apple"?

Anyway, either way works. Thanks for all your scanlating efforts!

Banned
@Manhwaaaa

he is tried of the slaughter.
1.knights show up every year and break eggs while the adults are hunting. That sucks but they are able to protect at least some of the eggs cause the knights are unable to kill one of them without massive losses.
2.Demon slaughtering the adults every night made it too crazy for him not to get involved.

So hand over his leadership scale to the human that owns the demon means a cease fire.

@Ghastlyghoulman the phrase “poisoned chalice” originates from Shakespeare’s Macbeth and suits the situation well, so any alternative will likely be less accurate

As if she didn't already have the power to take over the country when she first summoned Harry; now she gets dragons. ^^;; If Lydon is smart, he'll make sure that MC's comfortable exile stays comfortable if he wants the country to stay the way it is.

@AlessaO I don't think there's any need lol I forgot everything about Macbeth even though I learnt it in school XD

If anyone is confused, I searched up the meaning and thought that I as well put it here for others too.
"poisoned chalice" (based on google) an assignment, award, or honour which is likely to prove a disadvantage or source of problems to the recipient.

@HiAndHello I also agree @Ghastlyghoulman I feel like "poisoned apple" doesn't really sound as effective as "poisoned chalice" but that's only my preference soo

Users who are viewing this thread