The Villainess Lives Again - Vol. 1 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
@Lyrafiel
Dedication lol xD it turns out I was a lazy typesetter lolol I don't even notice if periods are different or not
Thanks for the hard work!! 😆

@furn_ace
They most likely already know everything about the mum's evil deeds. But think again who she is a lover to, and who the hell her son is. Even if he is illegitimate, that is still royal blood.

Double-page supporter
@epidernise ; Bad writing is bad writing no matter where, the problem is that we have no way to let the author know of our opinions regarding the plot.

Ohhh seems like a lot of people share the same doubts as me in terms of the butler's seemingly light punishment.

I'd like to make reservations for an opinion until everything is made clear but here are my assumptions:

1. The butler's family are either low-ranking/mid-ranking nobles or are associated with a high ranking noble. Executing them or giving them a harsh punishment would therefore be difficult.

2. Perhaps as the other commenters here said, Artezia's mother is aware that giving the butler she framed a heavy punishment will bounce back to her. She may have suggested a "light punishment" to gain the people's sympathy. She's already a mistress of the emperor and is in a difficult position, so having the public's sympathy will be her shield.

3. From what I can gather in the few bubbles of dialogue, the butler is no longer a threat after being stripped down of his position and banished to the slums. Either Artezia's mom is keeping him alive for a future ploy or she is so confident she won't get caught because she is hung up with her son Lawrence inheriting the throne.

@furn_ace
- Why isn't executed, arrested, or at least exiled for murder?
I'm assuming that's why he's hiding in the slums were the authorities don't normally go. And hiding from the law was easier in the middle ages, there's no way to id someone, as long as he uses a different name he is relatively safe. I'm assuming that's why he reacted the way he did to being called "mr Hanson".

- Why are the authorities so stupid that they can't see who would profit the most from the murder of the heirs?
Because they are either paid of or scared of messing with the emperors mistress, or both.

- Why is he in the slums? Does he not have any other property elsewhere?
A servant would probably not have property and just live in the masters estate. Also hiding from the law in the slums.

- Why didn't her mother have them killed? They might be potential threats in the future.
It's said she framed "the hanson family", so I'm assuming the rest of his family was killed, and he was the one that managed to escape.

- The MC knows she's heading to the slums, so why didn't she wear the hood earlier?
Yeah that doesn't make any sense, I guess the author needs to give people the eye-candy they want.

All of that is me assuming and guessing a lot of things. I guess that's just how my mind works, running through extra hoops to fill in the plot holes myself. xD

Dex-chan lover
oompf
@Astroth thanks for your input, if I have to give it a go
- The MC knows she's heading to the slums, so why didn't she wear the hood earlier?
would actually probably be, aside from the author's choice. she wanted to sincerely discuss with the duke face-to-face. they have good vibes going so it be weird to suddenly hide your face

I really like how everyone is discussing plotholes so logically. I like this story but I also like the community that comes from it~ Tia is so hardcore, if this ended in a tragedy, it would be an interesting heartbreaker, but hopefully author-nim doesn't do that to us

Thanks For Your Hard Work!!!!! ♡♡♡ Can't Wait For More!!! ♡♡♡ And Stay Safe!!!

I loved the part where she revealed her face and her hair was shining brightly under the moon, it was so pretty úwù♡

Geez, just as she said in the first chapter, her brother would kill her because she knows too much. I hope the buttler will accept her, despite her condition he's still super loyal to the family. 😞🖐🏼

Tnksm for your hardwork guys, the story is really nice!

Thinking about it a bit more, on the topic of "why didn't the mother have him killed", maybe it was Tias job in the original timeline to tie that loose end, and that's how she knows where Hanson is.

@IrregularPerson
The cloak also doesn't do much when people see her coming out of the carrige anyway, so it might not have been worth it to put it on early. I'm assuming it's not very comfortable.

For everyone weirded out by the butler not being dead for poisoning, don’t worry. The next chapter explains it.

Tia's EQ in handling the situation was very high.
~Before revealing herself~
-It looks like a Grand Duke coming to find him, a chance that he can get a life back, the butler's immediate reaction is "I have nothing to say.
=Proves his loyalty.
~revealing herself~
Wearing the cloak and removing it seem to be a psychological manipulation. The butler was surprise and felt touch that a descendant that looks like the previous lord was still alive.
=A symbol for the future of the bloodline he serves

I look forward to see Tia convincing him, seeing the rage in him build up.

For those who said it was plot hole on why they didn't get executed? How about we wait for the next chapter explanation before jumping to the conclusion?

Aggregator gang
The old butler looks like a ...butler... A typical "sebastian" butler apperance with a gray hair and and well trimmed mustache.

Dex-chan lover
The neighborhood is so poor that they can’t afford grass, sunlight or leaves for their trees.

Users who are viewing this thread