The Villainess Lives Again - Vol. 1 Ch. 26

Dex-chan lover
Divide and conquer makes sense - Tia would be banking on Lawrence being so arrogant and self-confident to the point he'd fail to see that Miraila and the emperor were the most crucial supporters ensuring his rise to the throne.

Interestingly, the WN confirms
Lawrence's personality and outlook is very much like the emperor's, which is also why the emperor dotes on him and wants him as successor (apart from the lack of proper royal heirs with the empress).

Thanks for double upload! Man, their mom's head is clearly wrong and need help, though I doubt psychiatric exist yet in that time.

Dex-chan lover
the mom is strange. very very strange. does she have a mental disorder?
Many thanks

Dex-chan lover
@Mai_loves_icecream
... But surprisingly I just found her crying very disgusting. Sure she's pretty but her tears just reminded me of people who fake cry to gain sympathy...
I assume you were talking about the mother and not the new title card they showcased?
Assuming so, I completely agree with your dislike of crocodile tears, it's really scummy irl because you're manipulating others. In this specific case however I would disagree, I think she's genuinely crying at her children's betrayal. Of course, I do think it's more nuanced as she's crying out of self pity, and not because she's sorry that her children have made an extreme decision to have to cut off their own family and splinter it.
Which is the sad, pitiful outcome of it all, her (the mother) has caused her own downfall. She cries not because she understands her mistakes but because she's sad at her crumbling relationships which are entirely a product of her own accord.

Long dumb wall of text but I found it really interesting

thank you for the lovely update~ 😍 super happy you guys will continue work on this title.

Yes you can continuing it, i'm an indonesian and i can read it, but i like english translation more, so im glad that you do not drop it

Ok ngl I kinda feel bad for Lawrence???

Like growing up and being told nearly everyday since the day you could understand words that your mother and sister's lives solely rely on you and your actions by that same parent who should be doing that for you is very emotionally and mentally exhausting and toxic.

And it looks like he can't even rely on his own father for anything besides basic necessities and material items (it seems like they don't really have an emotional bond to me) nor does he have anyone he can truly trust.

It's no wonder that he became a tyrant.

Here's to hoping that he gets a redemption and growth arc and cuts off his mother (and maybe his father???), but it may be that the author is setting him up to be an antagonist.

THANK YOU FOR CONTINUING! I greatly appreciate the amount of time and effort yall put into scanning, translating, cleaning, typesetting, (etc) each chapter. I want to say thank you again for your hard work.

Tbh, Even though I read in mangaDex I still buy a cash in Kakaopage Indonesia. It's because I feel happy that I can support the author. Thankyou mangadex for always remind us to support the author. Btw sorry for my broken english hehe.

Also: breaking it off with his mother was a good move. She's mentally unstable and abusive so if she slips up one more time, the Emporer's favor towards her will falter. Lawrence should put some effort in creating a good relationship with the Emperor and Empress himself rather than relying on connections.

@Hemorrhoids

I totally agree with you! Lawrence definitely has many flaws but his upbringing and childhood play a lot into that. He technically isn't a tyrant yet, so I'm hoping that the author will give him some sort of redemption or something to show that he isn't totally evil.

but then again his pride and greed will probably blind him and he'll end up facing a bad ending.

@Hemorrhoids well, i get that he was a tyrant bc of that BUT that doesn’t explain why he would kill his sister. The sister that technically gave him the throne. It wasn’t as if she was using him to have a happy life. Actually it was the mother and even him that kept telling her that her future was in his hands, so of course she would do it. But the only one that gained something from it was him.

Users who are viewing this thread