The Villainess Lives Again - Vol. 1 Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
@Ingra
And something tells me, is not EASY to get one of those bypassing the emperor, which i think Tia did.
Yeah, she specifically ask to Cedric himself to carry the salt because you can question a servant but not a duke, either the king himself come and ask to see the chest, no one would dare.

Aggregator gang
I honestly wonder if the author of the novel and artist have backgrounds in history. That was an astonishingly authentic example of bargaining between two politically powerful families, gifting each other seemingly innocuous items with loaded political connotations that signal the obligations and benefits they are willing to take from each other.

@pheonixa if I remember correctly they were a family that was close to the empress and was supposed to protect her children (the princes and princess) but failed. They committed suicide because of their failure.

This is all highly suspicious though.

Edit: the family is discussed in chapter 31

I feel sad because the MC doesn’t love herself and sees herself as a tool. What I find interesting is how the ML is becoming more cunning because of his wife to be and how she is developing emotions that she didn’t have in the past. Her smile was beautiful this chapter.

@pheonixa viscountess frescher was the original owner of the jewel known as saintess olga's heart. She was one of the Empress' most trusted friends as she was in charge of looking after the Empress' children. After the assassination of the children(most likely by her husband the emperor), she and her husband commited suicide for failing to protect the royal children. The emotional damage made her wear mourning clothes for then on and allowed the emperor to effectively make the empress powerless by seizing control of her lands and financial assests(which were likely distributed among the emperor's supporters, explaining why the jewel ended up with some merchant family).

Thank you for translating this new chapter!

I appreciate you keeping translating this manhwa and wanting to protect yourself by moving it to your site.

My only problem is that I went to your page and I don’t see the discord link. I’m on my phone btw.

@PrinceTenjou no offense, and this is just my two cents, but I wouldn't try to act as if I had the moral highground in your place. As soon as the official translation is out, we're all pirates if we continue to read the scans, regardless of whether it's on MD or on the TL's website.

"Hosting it for free on their website out of respect for the artist" is probably one of the most incoherent sentence I've ever read on this website. You realize that the artist intends for you to buy this story? And that hosting it for free anywhere is anything but something done "out of respect for the artist"?

And before you answer "but you're the same", yes, I'm fully aware that this is piracy. Hence why I'm not trying to act as if I had the moral highground by calling other people "selfish crybabies", I'm fully aware that what we're doing is wrong. Reading it for free when the artist is selling it online is wrong and is piracy, so disguising the decision to take it off of MangaDex as a decision to "respect the author" is a bit hypocrite, and calling people who refuse to join their website crybabies is kinda pathetic in my own honest opinion.

If you want my opinion on the matter, it feels more as if the TL group is just trying to avoid getting unnecessary attention from the author and avoid getting a lawsuit/having to stop the translation. Which is fine, and I respect their decision, I'm certainly not going to call them out on that. But please don't go acting as if you were some kind of righteous hero way better than us "crybabies", just because you're "respecting the author" by deciding to read it in their discord instead of wanting to read it on here... when in reality you're pirating their work and reading it online for free like the rest of us.

I'm still grateful for their job until now, but I'm gonna be honest I'm hoping someone else will pickup / snipe this series and post it in here.

Thanks for not dropping this. I already love this stpry so kuch that I've already been following this story on tappytoon but I know how far behind they are so I'm really happy that you decided not to drop this.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for not dropping, sites just rip the official tippy tools version anyway but thanks for going so far.

Fed-Kun's army
thanks for the chapter! though I hope we see more chapter on MD too

I’m about to rant excuse me but the discord thing is dumb. Like they don’t have clear instructions how to use It, I can’t read any chapter ( if there are any up there, but who knows cause there are no instructions) like what is the whole purpose of It?!! Someone tell me cause I’d rather just drop the manga if I have to go through so much just to read a chapter!! I’m sorry It just really frustrated me when I was trying to use It and It won’t work and I ask and get no answer.

Ugh I'm too old to get a discord and figure it out so I guess I have to drop this now. This was probably my favorite manwha in a really long time so im disappointed at not being able access it until I'm no longer unemployed and can support the official translation. That said, thank you to the team for picking this up and posting as long as you have!

Ty for the chapter!
I’m sorry for sounding like a smartass but here.
Download Discord.
Make an account n sign in
Press the addition sign n click join server.
Enter the discord link. https://discord.gg/hPjP4aj
Read all the instructions in #faq
All the info u need to know is in there
Enter the password, then u will get access to the whole server.

Users who are viewing this thread