The Villainess' Maker - Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
One thing I obviously approve of is the Mc does have a villainous appearance instead of being a Heroine with red hair.

Seriously, the art is amazing in this! The plot is refreshing too!
Thank you for the chapter! Im glad someone good at translations picked this up!

Banned
@Aurantix

I think my memories are screwed up but I thought making corsets super tight happened in the 1800's when females got obsessed with showing extreme curves after fashion styles did away with tons of fabric on the shoulders and lower body which used to give a exaggerated impression on the curves on body.

it's just weird seeing toons using both styles without understanding why the change occurred.

Double-page supporter
Killian's hands can be such a deeply personal religious awakening.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the chapter,
You guys, your notes are...... really something..... *looks away*

@someunregpunk

Yeah, they mentioned panniers, showed robe a la francaise, and robe a la polonaise (heroine’s design) so technically and historically speaking, the undergarment of choice isn’t the corset but stays. So tight lacing as we know it shouldn’t have existed.

@Aurantix
“ Who knows maybe in the setting of this novel tightlacing is actually a thing, so her fear was actually reinforced by the world inside the novel instead of correcting it.”

That makes sense, unless you take a look at the art. https://mangakakalot.com/chapter/bf925162/chapter_13

If you take a look at the female background characters, you can tell that they are not even wearing corsets, much less a tight laced one. The silhouette of their torso is very straight, and there is no wasp waist/conical shape we associate with corsets. They’re wearing stays. The MC literally doesn’t know what she is talking about despite it being her own world.

@BiggusDickusII

Fair point, but we have art based on a novel, that involves an isekai into another novel of which we have no reliable information. The artist has his own interpretations too 😅

Maybe we're over-thinking over-analysing a plot point, that will probably be dropped quite soon 🤷‍♀️

@Aurantix

That’s true, I forgot this had its own novel, which makes everything all the more annoying. It’s just that the MC really pisses me off because it’s clear that she knows little to nothing about historical fashion but as you could see in the chapter link, she has that “holier than thou” attitude because her outfit is modern/unique, while everyone else’s is pompous.Which is hypocritical because the chemise a la reine was also worn by noble ladies historically but whatever. She doesn’t state this per say, but the way the scenes frame the situation (me vs them) combined with her thoughts gives out that message.

Aggregator gang
me: with a hand kink that gets stronger when gloves enter the chat

this manhwa’s killing me. KILLING ME

Tbh the hand kink is a first for me -- them hands are be-auuuuuu-tifullll lol

Thanks for another great chapter!!♡

Users who are viewing this thread