The Villainess' Maker - Ch. 11

Follow the team's slow journey to madness over the hands is as entertainment as the chapters themselves lol Ty for the update!!

I don't know, her dislike towards corsets is irritating, especially since that technically isn't her body so there's no need for her to have to "adjust" to the corset which is phase people have when they start wearing corsets. It's hard to explain but she's making it out to be a death trap that destroys your rib cage and organs which isn't true... It's only ever harmful if it's tight lacing which nobody really does unless they are stupid, and it isn't even necessary in high society as in that period of time only a very very minimal amount of high society woman actually tight laced. Yes it does move your organs but so does pregnancy and it moves back into place... Corsets are made to fit the person who wears it so once again it shouldn't be uncomfortable, especially assuming the person in her body must've gotten used to it. ahkesjfawetjkfaksjf I could just keep and ranting about it :(

I can't comment on this chapter cuz the speedcat team discord chat is kinda living in my head rent free.

Dex-chan lover
Goddamn, he is indeed pretty hot. Her learning to be a villainess is actually amazing.

Kudos to the artist for making the ML and FL really looked like evil HAHAHA

you know i was reall worried when i started reading this. that it will end up as some nonsense 'inescapable hand of fate' drama. but this is good. it's more like learning to stand up for yourself and fighting fate rather than 'being forced to become a villain just so that time would flow' that the summary implied.

i like this. i hope it will keep this sort of vibe going forward too

it cant be helped, the Art is just that amazin!!!😍😍😍 thank you so much for translating and uploading🤗

SGR

Dex-chan lover
@Mongri
I think you're thinking anachronistically - you're not matching your modern knowledge with the supposed historical period presented in the manhwa. Also you're somewhat ignoring the omnipresent (presumably anachronistic too) trope of "noble ladies in tight corsets" that is prevalent throughout modern culture - end especially in manhwa of the sort we're engaging here. You would do better if you focused on period-knowledge rather than modern knowledge, as then your rant would be clearing out the misconceptions most of us have that materialize in the aforementioned trope.

Beware though: manhwa writers are quite loose with their historical representation of western-like societies. The target audience has surface-level knowledge (same as me having near-0 level knowledge of Korean high society in the 1500-1700's), so they couldn't care less really.

@SGR It's still rather annoying, because at the end of the day corsets were better crafted in the past then right now, because it was properly tailored. I just find it annoying when they don't do their research, because writers usually do research on these things as it does boost their writing and the product... I don't think I 100% understand what you're saying to be honest, because modern corsets are constructed a lot differently then let's say Victorian corsets, it's less so modern knowledge more so knowledge that should be present in that time period if that makes sense? Let's say she has a modern mindset with the myths that she accumulated in the 21st century, the people who dress her should probably be clearing that misconception and overall her body wouldn't be needing to adjust since it isn't hers technically? It's hard to explain but I think historical accuracy in these aspects are important, of course not all because that would be excessive and honestly I doubt they could go that far as a writer but these should be the fundamentals, it's spreading a myth that isn't true...

As someone who regularly wears corsets, the hate on corsets in these chapters upsets me lol they aren't the demonic tools the FL thinks they are lol

This corset hate must be related to tightlacing, more than correct corset wear by itself...

I mean, tightlacing is the general association people have whenever there's any mention of corsets, contributed heavily by Western historical novels, even classics (for example: Gone with the wind).

I find the fear of the FL in line with the knowledge held by most people. Who knows maybe in the setting of this novel tightlacing is actually a thing, so her fear was actually reinforced by the world inside the novel instead of correcting it. Which would make sense since she "wrote" it and projected her own fear in the setting itself.
Let's not forget that she did not actually travel back in time, but actually travelled to a work of fiction written by a very young (so possibly not very informed) author.
The premise is not historically accurate, ergo, her fear is justified because in the world of the novel, corsets do cause the problems she keeps obsessing over.

If you wear corsets, that's your choice, modern corsets are both comfortable and beautiful. Generally corsets in the past were also fine, the problem ensued when people started taking things to the extreme. But that does not obligate an author into being historically accurate in a story set in a fantasy world imagined by an imaginary character.

Users who are viewing this thread