The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
@sockerdricka That's a fairly modern interpretation of them that not everyone shares even now. The main character in another series I read with an old timey sort of setting specifically gave herself fake freckles so she was less desirable to men.

@glomoro You're right though. In the past it was a sign of nobility to have fair untouched skin, fair hands, etc, to show that you were well enough not to do any labor (by hands or in the sun). Still, freckles are cute.

I really like the way this story is told. Its so suspenseful. DAMNIT IT'S GOOD

Supporter
thanks to all my fellow defenders of freckles. freckles are the best

also that outfit at the end makes her look like an adult. a fully grown villainess

50% of me really likes mc because she is (mostly) really smart and didn’t become a goody-two-shoes over night.
But the other 50% is also a. It annoyed because: 1. she lies way too much even when it’s not really necessary (I mean, do the maids and other ppl in this world not talk to each other? She tells everybody a different story) 2. she is too ruthless to people who aren‘t her enemy. (She Sees everybody as disposable and a „dog“) 3. she kinda has become the same kind of person like Mielle... (yes she was bad before too and it’s not easy to change, but she is way to insistent to take revenge and it’s making her ugly... I hope that she somehow realizes that this is not going to make her happy... But it’s been only a few months, so it’s also the most realistic villainess story I’ve read so far.)

Dex-chan lover
argghh noooooooooo freckled girls are way cuter, why cover them up!

Dex-chan lover
Annie is cute with her freckles :(((( also who is this new guy? Mr prince better show up some more or im gonna get 2nd or 3rd ML syndrome

Dex-chan lover
It's so annoying how much she talks about bringing ruin to them and all those things, but actually does nothing at all. Just a couple petty tricks on her clueless sister, no gain at all in connections or anything...

FRECKLES ARE BEAUTIFUL AND CUTE AND DON'T NEED TO BE COVERED OR HIDDEN
REPEAT AFTER ME

I understand MC wanting revenge on the siblings for what happened to her mother and her own death. But why so much hate towards the father? He may not be the best but he actually brought both her and the mother home and even spent lots of money on her wardrobe, parties and education. It seems he didn't like her as much because she was problematic after all, it's not like his opinion of her could change overnight. Also this MC is so bent on revenge and sadistic towards everyone, it's hard to like her. Her only redeeming quality so far is that she likes the embroidery teacher. I'm reading because of the baes, Oscar and the prince in disguise. Surely hoping that she will change for the better in the meantime.

ahh it's the annoying guy
who mistook Mielle as the smart person who gave advice to her father
-_-

Dex-chan lover
Also, Annie isn't greedy or wicked, she just has dreams of being in a better place in life

Users who are viewing this thread