The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
She's easily swayed by her emotions. Eh
Here I though that she could be a cunning and manipulative character in order to enact her revenge but I guess not 🤧🤧

called it
also her ambitions and usage of her ability are underwhelming... i hope she pays 1 day of her lifespan for every use of her power
and dont "oscar is her only ally" me
she used her powers for stupid and useless stuff before so this is normal for her....
and don't attribute intelligence to her
she cant do anything but try to attach herself to others to achieve something instead of building something herself

Y'all are SO HARSH on her, she isn't the smartest villainess because she didn't really learn anything or gained infinite knowledge by getting a second chance. She knows only what she knew in that lifetime, before she died. You can't be reborn and suddenly be cunning and sly. She wasn't like that before, so how could she suddenly become that way?? She only knows what will happen in the future, some trading information and how to win materialistic people over. I didn't like that she did this either but she is scared that oscar is her last chance at escaping her bad fate. She's acting on pure emotion by now, which is literally just fear and hurt right now, cut the woman some slack, she doesn't have too many resources to work with.

Dex-chan lover
I---- poor baby, shes doing her best :'( but shes also still trying to grow into someone who can stand on her own. Those tears were real

Guess she can't resist the instincts of her blood. Not only does she have a poor eye for men (Oscar is beta AF, completely controlled by his sister), but she breaks instantly when her emotions deviate slightly.

@luvbunne She "only" knows what's going to happen in the future? She "only" knows some trading information? You think that's not a *huge* advantage? Nobody's asking her to be cunning or sly, we're asking her to have half a brain.

She knew about the fur trade - and that was a chance to get rich, and therefore powerful. You don't need to be cunning or sly or "the smartest villainess" to realise that! She literally helped Asher get rich using her knowledge of the fur trade but didn't help herself and now she's crying because she has no power, even though, like somebody else said, she has a "Deus ex Machina that basically prints money"! She wasn't too traumatised to use her knowledge to help someone else, but trauma is supposed to be stopping her from literally helping herself survive?

She "doesn't have many resources to work with"?? She literally **knows the future**. How can you think that's not a big deal? If you know the future, you know what sells! You seriously can't see why it's ridiculously annoying that she's going crazy over getting power from marrying Sir Oscar when she has a free chance to get power from money? She absolutely does not need to be a genius to see what's right in front of her.

I feel so bad for her thinking that even if she wants revenge (and she has a lot of reasons to want that), she wants to survive even more.

@Kosmowave wtf is wrong with you? how is she a slut? don't just throw around words like that around. she's literally realising that she might end up dead even if she put so much effort in surviving.

In the novel it went like this:

Aria, who was sitting on her bed for a while, escaped from her room. In the dark dawn in which no one moved, her destination was the guest room on the second floor. When she opened the door of the sixth room, she found what she wanted. "... Who?!" Oscar, who was so surprised by someone's unexpected presence, suddenly rose. His upper body was stiff to a half-upright position, and he didn't even move at all. He wasn't moving at all as if time had stopped. It was because he was faced with a very unexpected person. It was Aria, and she was dressed in a light chemise dress because she came there soon after she woke up. Her arms, shoulders, and legs that were exposed without protection shone mysteriously in the moonlight. As she grew up from a girl to a woman, she stole Oscar's attention with the help of the moonlight. "Mr. Oscar...?"
Aria, who found Oscar, took a slow step toward his bed. A languid glance proved that she was less awake, but Oscar couldn't even think of stopping her from approaching him. He was already asking himself why she came to visit him at this hour. He tried to neglect and avoid her gaze on purpose. He had run away without telling her why. He thought his heart would burst if he had eye contact with her. As if to destroy his efforts, Aria came to him on her own. Aria, who came up to the edge of the bed and put her hand on a bright quilt, stopped moving. Her thin shoulders and her sad face soon crumbled. Oscar's heart was shaken because of the look on her face, which could not be compared to that of Mielle, who had cried bitterly after being insulted. "Please... please don't abandon me.." She had a hard time bringing out a very small voice and was crying a little. As soon as he was about to answer, she fell down on the bed. Oscar hurriedly reached for her body. She had been exposed to the night air, and as he touched her cold skin, he felt like someone stabbed him in the heart with a dagger. Because of the false rumor, she became sad, pathetic, and pitiful that there was nothing to love anymore. Because of the miserable reality, he couldn't easily convey his mind. 'But if I disobey my sister's words.." It wouldn't end just by grieving like this. It was clear that she would suffer so thoroughly that it would be useless to regret. So it was better now if he could hear the news about her even if he was very sick. Moreover, if he married Mielle, the connection of both families would continue and he would never lose his relationship. So he had to endure this pain now. Oscar closed his eyes tightly. Aria couldn't open her eyes until daybreak.

I know some of you will get angry at this comment, but this scene with Oscar was so so so so emotional in the novel, I cant help but to feel very disappointed since it is ruined here.

Users who are viewing this thread