The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Aggregator gang
That doublespeak by the mother proves she's quite the crafty villainess herself.

I like this manga sometimes, you don't need to always have the moral high ground and it's a bit of a break from all of the perfect kind-hearted villainesses you can find in the genre.

Please let 'evil' win (added '' to evil since she is more on justice evil than pure evil like mielle, really, killing a person because you don't like her?)
Mother is actually quite optimistic and the convo between them made me think that blood is really thicker than water.

This is refreshing since most ‘villainess’ are kind-hearted, Aria is just evil (justice evil, not like her sister who is just pure evil).

Fed-Kun's army
@ mechpolaris No, her actions of revenge definitely border more towards Evil than Justice. The key factor here is intent - is MC steals Oscar without intending to then it'd be karma but if it's purposefully done it becomes more evil. This villainess is actually a villain but seems to be lawful neutral sort rather than actually evil aligned. Time fuckery is weird - if you kill baby Hitler is that Justice? How about at 10 years old? 15? 20? At what point does it become justifiable to kill Hitler? The answer is "After a certain threshold is crossed" but that threshold changes from person to person. We know the future but have we crossed the threshold where Mielle is Evil? Nah. Of course we know that'll change down the road but for now everyone are just fucking shitheads and while MC has justification behind most her actions she's still being a bitch because of the route she decided to go with - but we all knew that coming into this story. It even says it in the title "The Villainess." If, for example, Mielle was set down the path where she wouldn't bring harm to the MC or her loved ones and the MC STILL decides to get "revenge" (on something that never happened in that timeline) then you went from being a shithead to Evil.

Dex-chan lover
Kekeke.

I don't think I'd go so far as to call Aria evil at this point. She's...spiteful and vengeful, but so far she's only indulged in the suffering of Mielle, who 110% deserves it.
She does seem to be missing a big point of her second chance, which is to find happiness, but the story doesn't have to go in that direction and there's still time to if it does.

This protagonist is really fresh air for this type of story where the MC usually goes back in time or is transported to the villain of the story.

This story plot is so common but the mc personality is so refreshing, i get a big amount of schadenfraude just from reading this, im so exciteeed i cant wait for the next chapter 😆😆😆😆

Users who are viewing this thread