The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 41

I wish artist didn't focus so much on the lower lip, it doesn't look good at all!

Double-page supporter
On one hand it's sad to see Annie be down after being told such things, on the other Aria is not wrong and if Annie really wants to become a noblewoman, she is going to have to accept that there won't be much place for love in her life. However, Aria better hope Annie doesn't become too pragmatic as others, like Isis, could make use of it.
Still, it's good to see Aria act as a villainess again and make evil faces. She has been way too mild lately.

OOOOOO the manipulation O.O I live for it tho 😂

Thank you for the update!!

Dex-chan lover
@doradora
Yeah and Aria though so too.
she was thinking of finding a good and rich man for her but the first maid tell her that she already in a relationship with the paper boy we see at the start of the story so Aria will try to help him becoming rich instead.
She give him the opportunity to learn at school with scolarship

What is she trying to get by saying that Annie? It was obvious that she would pair her up with the Baron but why put a cynical view to it that there would a high chance that Annie might guve up?

Dex-chan lover
Aria is such a Tsundere. She tries to mask her own intentions just to justify helping out her people.

@KarachuN

She makes Annie realize that her feelings are not towards Baron Burboom but his status. This way, Annie won’t be bothered that Baron Burboom actually prefers Aria over her, as long as she gets her goal of marrying him to raise her status.

Double-page supporter
Wow. She is setting things up on her end quite nicely. Now unto more kingdom-shaking effects for the Lady

Aggregator gang
I agree with the comments saying that Aria's actions are based on her warped perspective of the world.

Thanks for the translation!

I don't understand why is everyone thinking Aria is being cruel. She just stated facts and let Annie choose what she really wants, how is that considered cruel or cynical, it's called being realist.

Although it makes us readers sad about Annie in this situation but what our FL said is true any nobleman or woman have relationships based in business and interest. The fact that she is in Aria side was based on her greed and wish to be a noblewoman so it would be best if Annie at least get some comum sense in this matter. The end of the chapter just shows how our FL is right unfortunately because we all know that besides her first maid, nobody cares about Aria unless she is useful like her stepfather on the matters of his business

@tsuky_simmer Yeah, completely understand that Aria wants to enlighten her on the part that she wants him for money and status. Though, from looks of it, it may go to the direction that she might stop pursuing the guy because she is not a beauty compared to Aria and has no money nor status. Is she pushing the true love route using reverse psychology? It might be possible but its no guarantee.

I am definitely sure they would end up together but the delivery of this may a bit of a lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread