The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 41

Aggregator gang
@Greinai: i think Aria is kind, but what she experienced in her past life makes her unable to express her kindness. For example in this chapter, she mentioned that it would be beneficial for her if Annie and that baron get together, but she also knew that kind of relationship wouldn't last long, so instead of doing so, she "brainwashed" Annie. If she was really cruel, she would have married Annie off.
But well, it's Aria we're talking about, so maybe she's aiming for bigger fishes for Annie and Jessie.

Aggregator gang
I mean I get why she's going all mean girls on Veri but at this point its getting kinda sad to watch... Maybe if they elaborated more and gave more scenes to build up to Veri manipulating things in the background it would feel more justified but it was just a half panel flashback to settle it.
I hope they just get to it and cut her off already.

Aria is kind in her own way. She’s just incredibly rational in her advice, which often comes off as blunt or even sociopathic or manipulative to some. And it probably is but given her past, no surprise. Additionally, “kind” is a very vague word anyway.

Aria is wickedly smart! And I like how the webtoon told us about what the Baron and Annie's conversation went like by using dialogue balloons with chibi Aria inside 😆😆 It's soooo creative!

@Sarah2013: Nobles? You'd be shocked at how much sugar is in OUR modern food. Look at your average condiments' nutrition facts, such as ketchup. Most of our modern food is absolutely loaded with sugar nowadays. Compared to times before industrialization, we all eat like nobles.

Most salad use sour and sweet dressing sauce to make the vegetable taste better, so without any sugar you have only sour taste.
Just try a lemon without sugar can give you the impression.
But the way servant and chef secretly improve Aria meal surely show who they want to be their master.

@Greinai Aria has always been kind, just not to those that has wronged her in the past. She keeps saying she's making an investment on the people around her but she hasn't truly taken advantage of that. Her thoughts does not match her actions. It's even more obvious if you think about the newspaper boy. She brought exclusively from him wanting to see him pull himself out of poverty. Her excuse was commoner newspaper is more informational but there are plenty of places to get these types of newspaper yet she's so invested in one person.

Group Leader
Compare to Mielle. You know where the maid would stand. One is just a brat who know nothing and the other are shown to treat anyone who made her satisfied.

The choice is clear.

Sly is the middle name of aria haha

Thank you for the translation!!! ❤️❤️❤️😍😍😍😍🙏🙏🙏😘😘😘😚😚😚

Lol i love it. Money makes the world go round indeed. For a villainess she hasn't hurt anyone innocent or taken advantage of anyone she claimed to be using. Idk... i dont think she can let go of being kind-hearted even after being hurt and killed. I still like her.

Was Annie one of the people who hurt FL in the past? She said the only one on her side was the dark haired maid so everyone else in that house has it coming.

Group Leader
You know her advicf would make sense if the novel n the end bend over and destroy her own advice by giving her both love and position in the end

Guess the rule only applies to the side characters

@lostsamurai : Oh yeah I know... Unfortunately a lot of what's considered normal to eat in our modern diet is absolutely terrible for your health. As much as I try to pick healthy options and all it can be pretty difficult at times. 🤔 Now that you pointed it out the nobles situation here isn't much different for modern lives for sure 😂 though I always wonder in these sorts of stories how they manage to eat so many desserts on like a daily basis and keep a healthy weight 🤔 makes me want to know what their blood tests and such would come back as. Though I would love it if I could eat things like desserts without gaining weight 😅 I have to exercise at least an hour a day if I want to eat 1500 calories that day without weight gain so I tend to be pretty jealous with things like that 😂 but then there's more important indicators of health than weight anyways so that wouldn't help really anyways 😂

Users who are viewing this thread