The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 41

A surprisingly dark and yet satisfying chapter!! Thank you for the translation and updates!!!

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
I want to see more of long haired Annie.

@sgathach
Or--okay, when she said "normal" she meant it went back to tasting good, and that's because the maids made sure her food was better.
This.

And, you see, if you reach out a hand first, you will be able to receive kindness first.

@sgathach Basically, yes. Because she showed favour to the maids, they're showing her favour, as well. The others' food still tasted bad, but the maids (and kitchen staff I guess) made sure to use that extra sugar to make Aria's food taste as good as normally. Aria might see this through jaded lenses and as one benefiting the other, but I think she showed kindess (inadverdently) and now the maids show her kindess, as well.

I've never trusted Annie, but it hurt to see her broken face "realizing" that "love isn't real"... :/

@sgathach

It tasted normal versus what Aria's sister and father received, because yes, the maids are beginning to curry favor with her. Annie's gossip and Aria's generous gift-giving shows the maids that Aria is someone who can take care of them, thus the special treatment.

Fed-Kun's army
That's kind scarry !

I love Aria but that look at the end...

@sgathach
That is exactly right! The novel makes it a bit more obvious but yeah. The maids want to gain/remain in her favor because she's proven to be a master that rewards generously. The staff basically rationed out the sugar to give more (a regular amount) to Aria and the rest of the family has less in their food.

@sgathach Yup, i think Aria's food tasted better because other maids giving her oils/sugar that Aria give freely to the maids before, so yea just like she said the mutual benefit.

@ryou83170 Annie never treated poorly tho? she is given permission to use Aria's clothes, went outside to play, be Aria's playmate and even her brother now has pile of money due to being Aria's seller, Annie is totally a lucky person. About Baron Burboon Aria also simply said the truth, there's no way guy like him also will easily fell for Annie when she has generic looks with a maid status against another beauty like Aria.

Double-page supporter
Reality check, alright. Though, it really hurt to see Annie broke down like that...

@Pocky8 Aria is just a broken mess. She did a kind thing, and was met with kindness, but because she has this warped sense of give and take she can't see it.
Of course there is the chance that some of the maids do want something out of Aria, but from an outsiders perspective looking in, she just looks like a young girl doing kind things to those around her... Except for that one maid she's been bullying, but even that could be passed off as her expecting people to do their work well.

Dex-chan lover
@Despada Exactly, Aria's actions IMO reflect how jaded and cynical her worldview is, esp. towards human relationships. Love and friendship don't exist, merely mutual interest, give and take, etc.

Fed-Kun's army
Damn Aria is a true villainess... Seriously though, I feel no pity for Annie since her main reason for staying with Aria in the first place is due to her greed, I feel like Aria's original maid (forgot her name) deserves the best because she never shows an ounce of greed nor envy, and she's much better suited with the baron rather than Annie.

Users who are viewing this thread