The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 43

@orth0dox: the power to turn back time was born out of desire for revenge, so it's a little late for Aria when she go back in time to do revenge herself.
Also i doubt any thing can change, since if you see it on bigger picture, Isis want Roscente family to stay clean (as pure blood noble), meaning Isis herself will move if Miele do nothing.
On Miele side, she has bad influence from people around her, that include:
_Isis: the powerful woman Miele look up to, who teach Miele that noble must stay above and away from commoner
_Count Roscente: the father spoil her and teach her to be selfish
_Her brother Cain: he teach her to hate the step-mother/sister because he secretly desire them but has to hide that
_Her nanny Emma: hate the prostitute took her master place, hate the child and teach Miele to view them as dirty
_Her fiance Oscar: right, the good guy but get betroth to Miele and still look at Aria a lot, both past and present, teach Miele of jealousy
In short, Miele are where the conflict gather, and she will break first, she is the enemy of Aria by both situation and her own choice. Unless Aria run away like a dog with her mother... which is not very nice at all.

I can understand that plot is focused on revenge, its valid story, and arguably more insteresting than "forgivness/redemption" alternative. What buffles me when i read comments, is how many people root for Ariah, while they state their hate for Mielle, can't you see that those 2 aren't different at all in their approach and motivation? Lets look at what happened in this episode - Ariah gets angry cause Mielle starts to win over her own fiance (!) despite Ariah's manipulative seduction attempts. We can see her thoughts on a matter plainly and she doesn't care for Oskar at all, she's just jealous that he's getting back with Mielle. So she uses Oscar's sincere gift just to aggravate Mielle and throws it on a ground like a useless trash. That's a character you all choose to root for, really?

@orth0dox: you really should read the story again. For now all I can say is you must have skipped a lot of details to jump to that conclusion on both Aria and Miele.

@orth0dox Yeah, because if she doesn't use everything she's got Mielle will have her killed... AGAIN. And Mielle is a psycho on high levels even Aria could'nt be. You will understand in the future. Besides, what reason does Mielle have to hate Aria so much? Mielle's hated Aria from the very first moment she wallked in her new home with her mother (wich whom she despises as much as Aria). The only reason for that is that Aria is an illegitimate child of a prostitute. Since she was a mere child of 11-12 years old Mielle bullied and hurt Aria for years and murdered Aria's mother with posion. Then she set up to incriminate Aria and executed her while the whole time she was pretending to be a saint. After experience all this in the hand of Mielle, can you really blame Aria for taking revenge knowing that if Mielle succeeds in society she and her mother will be murdered all over again?

Man I'm enjoying this. Thanks for the translation. Aria was set back a bit, but she's right to realize that she's still making important progress. Though she doesn't realize just how big of an ally she has in her camp.

@Helen_Brite I had this idea to root for Mielle instead, but people who read the novel revealed some details to me in comments, and apparently author decided to make Mielle some kind of Hitler and Satan adopted daugher, so that literally no one could like her. I still don't get it, why would author introduce such unbelievably dull and wicked character that doesn't even need a reason to be so twisted, but anyway, I'll just stick to rooting against both of them. It would be more enjoyable if they would just keep bitchslapping each other in turns, but unfortunately Mielle can't do anything in this reincarnation at all... I mean she completely outplayed Ariah in past timeline, but in this one its Ariah who dominates without any chance of reversal. Maybe that Isis chick would deliver enjoyable rivalry, but i don't have much hopes.

@orth0dox Well, it's not like Mielle can do nothing at all. She's the most well connected and has the best background possible. She's much more influent than Aria. In this society, just being a nobel in her position grants her everything her heart desires. The thing is that what she wants is to kill Aria and her mother and merry that poor boy. It's Aria that's in trouble. She must work twice as hard than anyone else just to build a background that would secure her from death penalty. And the only reason why she's being able to do so is because of her knowledge of the future and the power of the hourglass. Without that, she would go down the dead end. She is a villainess indeed. But at the same time that's something needed if she wants so survive. And she says this all the time: she needs to use everything in her desposal to survive.

I can see how people might not like how Aria is, but I think it's because yall have a preference for a good moral character. Don't get me wrong I can appreciate a good moral character but this story is not meant to have one, at least not as the main character. All I can say is that I love how Aria hasn't forgotten her ultimate purpose, this whole time. In a lot of these types of stories, the "Villan" forgets her purpose. Also, some of yall are saying that she should try to be buddy buddy with Mielle in this life instead of tormenting her. How could you expect her to forgive Mielle? Mielle made her life a living hell from beginning to end. Mielle haad no remorse for any of her actions and was visibly mentally abusing her till the end. She was so screwed over in her first life, you best believe I'd be confused if this ended up being a manhwa about her trying to survive by being friends with Mielle. If you think about it realistically, Mielle can't get past the fact that Aria is a prostitutes daughter that doesn't belong there, so in either timeline, I wouldn't doubt she would be terrible. Do you really expect Aria waking up after being killed, making moves to get on Mielle's side? After having her mother killed as well and her whole life ruined and ended short? Nope. I gotta say I can't wait till she accepts the prince and then she finds out that he's the missing piece to her Plan B. Team Aria forever! 🤩

@Lovepanda21 Woww, I am beyond words. You have written a masterpeice my friend, and everything you've said 100% resonates with me - those are my EXACTthoughts and you couldn't have written it any better !!
Gave me goosebumps when you said ' he's the missing piece to her Plan B ' . Yessss Aria & team for the win !

It wasn't as clear in the novel, but I love how it's portrayed here. As much as she tries to deny it, Aria isn't a cold unfeeling person. She did start to fall in love with Oscar, despite her intents to use him, and it does hurt her. The way she reacts here makes me think that even in the past when she was playing around with men, she truly wanted to fall in love with someone who would love her. But like Oscar, other cowardly noblemen who care too much about their image just saw her as the loose prostitute's daughter you have fun with and discard when you marry someone respectable

Wow.... Someone in the comments is actually favoring mielle...... I guess they really like the white lotus bitch types. I guess they wouldn't hate a fake innocent girl until they murder their mother and destroy their life and get their heads chopped off by her. Stupid person in the comments.

Dex-chan lover
Good, she's recovering a bit better now, while also letting her stress out a bit more. Heh...using his return gift to provoke Mielle is pretty good. Looks like she still got a pretty good weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread