The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 44

Dex-chan lover
I do like that the series has been showing indirectly why the aristocrats faction are dying: They've forgotten why their traditions worked in the past.

Just take this Mielle trying to give them the rose crystals (symbol of the Fredericks) vs Aria giving her maids the brooches.

Even if Aria was thinking of something else, in the eye of society:
It's a sign of trust from Aria, that these people represent her in a way.
And for the maids, it's a proof of their loyalties, that they stand with her.
Not to mention that it means if something happen to them, Aria will hear about it and considering she's already made it obvious whose side she will favor, this also give some protection to her maids by anyone not above Aria's standing.
In this case the gift serves multi-purpose, but at its core it strengthens the tie between the two parties.

Contrast this to Mielle who think that the value of the connection will make those ladies take it
That she use it as bargaining chips: You join my side and you get to use Fredericks name, while I get to use your money.
Obviously some people will take it, but at best this become a business relation, where once it no longer seem profitable, one side will cut the other off.
And it wouldn't surprise me at all that Mielle will ditch them if they run out of money considering she only invited them because of money.

Slightly off topic, but one series that write the aristocrat life fairly well imo is
Bookworm

Just about everything in noble society that Myne (and the readers) find questionable with her modern day common sense do get some amount of explanations on why it is so.
And since most nobles we get to see aren't trying to squeeze their people dry for their own benefits since their income is generally based on tax i.e. if people prosper so will they, we get to see the version of the society where this works.

Even the crest giving thing only come up when Myne have to leave and some of her aides can't come with her, because until then there's other ways to show that they're with her (being given aides-specific rooms, following her during her travels, etc)

Aggregator gang
LMAO way to go of ruining your chance Mielle! A train of new friends for Aria incoming ~~~ thank you for the update!

Aggregator gang
Ahhh, it further shows what Aria has thought before, this Mielle is not as smart or competent due to being younger and, honestly, Aria not acting like such a brat and making things hard for Mielle's faction, i mean, by all accounts the prince got screwed over in the original timeline too, it makes one think that Mielle was never as smart as Aria thought.

She was just helped by Aria acting like a villainess for most of the original timeline and the power of her family and faction, alongside some loyal maids who also hate Aria for being a commoner daughter of a prostitute or her attitude, without those, Mielle is just...a spoiled brat who is good at faking emotions but who is out of her element, this timeline she is talking to lower nobles and commoners and it's clear she can't relate, she is an evil little brat, but one far less competent than originally presented in the story or that Aria thought of her as.

You know what, my meme is great but this website won't let me post it, so you get to navigate to it yourselves.

https://ibb.co/Kxx5n9F

Laugh!!!

Dex-chan lover
Calls someone am evil wench right after talking about how they sent a spy over to them. These chicks smh.

Mielle keeps getting uglier in every new chapter 😂 while aria is becoming a beauty

Fed-Kun's army
Thats actually the best that could have happened to her. It shows that they trust her, at least more than Mielle.

waaa i was looking forward to this part!!!

thank you so much for the chapter!! <333

Mielle's side is just so dumb lmAOOO, also the head maid calling Aria cruel when she has a whole spy on her like hello???

Lol
Mielle makes some efforts, but in the end it's Aria the one who gain something.

Dex-chan lover
From the way Mielle is talking I doubt the lesser noble ladies and the commoner wives genuinely like her. What does this rich child know about taking care of a family when she has all these maids and her families money taking care of her? They're probably there for either the food, connections, or looks since Mielle is a higher noble it would look good to go to one of her parties even if you have to put up with her disassociated logic. In the end you can really see how she knows nothing about the common people lol current Aria should be able to understand them more than Mielle ever would

Mielle and her head maid are really stupid. You invite the lower nobles’ and commoner’s wives to trip up Aria... but, forget she use to live around commoners😂 Of course, she’s going to understand them way better than you. Also, I love how they keep throwing out that she’s the “future” duchess. While, how the way things are going, Aria might be the “future” crown princess/empress 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread